Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian JTF 2 Loadouts

:

Canadian

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 17th, 2009, 17:23   #31
Conker
 
Conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada / Ireland / USA
Indeed it does look like a chest rig, I don't think it's your imagination
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 17:28   #32
MilanWG
Perroz Designs
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Is he wearing plates in the plate carrier (front and back) with a bullet proof vest underneath it all? Is that normal or extra protection? Are plate carriers meant to be worn with plates and another ballistic vest under that? Or just the plates?

I have always been curious about that?

Thanks
__________________
MilanWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 17:32   #33
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace
 
Kokanee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
As that particular plate carrier only holds hard plates, it does not provide "all around" protection from frag. Given that McKay is a "VIP", it's understandable that they gave him some soft armour as well. As for the placement, it would be uncomfortable to wear hard plates under soft armour, hence the carrier is on the outside.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 17:33   #34
ShelledPants
 
ShelledPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post
Is he wearing plates in the plate carrier (front and back) with a bullet proof vest underneath it all?
I've read that since systems like the MBSS plate carrier was exposed on the sides, they wore BPV's underneath to protect their flanks from shrapnel and light caliber rounds.

Also if you think about it this way...

If your plate carrier has both your front / rear / side plates and your soft body armor padding all contained, if you had to ditch your armor carrier to get out of a vehicle, or because you're snagged on something and its life threatening: You now have no armor protection.
__________________


Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 17:40   #35
H-G
 
H-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Downtown Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGuitarded View Post
Looks a bit like he's got a chest rig overtop it actually, but I'm probably seeing things.


You aren't, it's a London Bridge 1961A in Tan with a VIP strobe light for IFF.

Armor is layered like that for a couple reasons: operator is able to uparmor in order to respond to threats, it's lighter than a full armor system, he's probably not using standalone ceramic plates and need the soft armor layer to take potential kinetic energy in the event of incoming rifle fire, and yes, a standard of 360 degree protection from shrapnel.
__________________
Contras A-09 F**k it, we'll do it live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU

Last edited by H-G; November 17th, 2009 at 17:46..
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 17:57   #36
MilanWG
Perroz Designs
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Are plate carriers (with plates in the front and back) always worn with a BPV underneath or are they also worn without the BPV combo?

And what level of protection are the plates? Level III or IV?
And what level of protection are the BPV?

Thanks for all the info, has cleared up some old questions
__________________
MilanWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 18:05   #37
Huron
GabeGuitarded
 
Huron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-G View Post
You aren't, it's a London Bridge 1961A in Tan with a VIP strobe light for IFF.

Armor is layered like that for a couple reasons: operator is able to uparmor in order to respond to threats, it's lighter than a full armor system, he's probably not using standalone ceramic plates and need the soft armor layer to take potential kinetic energy in the event of incoming rifle fire, and yes, a standard of 360 degree protection from shrapnel.
I'm aware of using multiple layers of stuff, I'm all up to date on my Magpul videos. But I didn't know about the first part. Thanks for ID'ing the rig though, I wasn't sure if it was a 1961A or some sort of Molle rig.
__________________
Quote:
The war between the sexes is over. We won the second women started doing pole dancing for exercise.
Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 18:45   #38
MilanWG
Perroz Designs
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Stop calling it a Bullet Proof Vest
noted
__________________
MilanWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 19:15   #39
H-G
 
H-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Downtown Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
It is soft armour/kevlar, rated to stop fragmentation, not bullets.
That's not really correct, the soft level IIIA armor is rated to take most conventional handgun ammunition. Not sure what Canadian SOF is issued, but I believe the majority of SAPI plates used by US SOCOM are level IV, if Canadian units cross train, then it's likely they use similar systems.
__________________
Contras A-09 F**k it, we'll do it live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 23:00   #40
whiskey_four
 
whiskey_four's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: GTA | Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
Hey guys, I was browsing the JTF 2 website when I came upon their brochure. I've placed a link to the brochure, which contains some pictures of what the JTF 2 wear. Can anyone identify their specific rigs and etc?
Hello ShadowNet,
It's been a long time since you started this thread. Not sure if you're still interested, but here are some of the items that jump out at me in the brochure you linked. Most items may be familiar to you, while others are unique to/within CANSOF.

Bolle T-800 Tactical Goggles
Oakley SI O-Frame Googles
Oakley M-Frame Glasses with Sweep clear lens
Petzl TACTIKKA-series headlamps
Traser tritium watch
Peltor ComTac I and Comtac II Headsets
Peltor Tactical 6 Headset
SOG SEAL Pup knives
Arc'teryx X-350a Climbing Harness
Arc'teryx Military Kneecaps
Cadex Defence Model 643-93C NVG Helmet Mounts
Ops Inc. 15th Model 5.56 CQB MBS Suppressors
INVISIO M3-series Tactical Headset Systems
...and yes, a lot of Paraclete gear, mostly MSA-Paraclete HPC/SOHPC.


Hope this helps.
whiskey_four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 20:00   #41
Huron
GabeGuitarded
 
Huron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey_four View Post
Hello ShadowNet,
It's been a long time since you started this thread. Not sure if you're still interested, but here are some of the items that jump out at me in the brochure you linked. Most items may be familiar to you, while others are unique to/within CANSOF.

Bolle T-800 Tactical Goggles
Oakley SI O-Frame Googles
Oakley M-Frame Glasses with Sweep clear lens
Petzl TACTIKKA-series headlamps
Traser tritium watch
Peltor ComTac I and Comtac II Headsets
Peltor Tactical 6 Headset
SOG SEAL Pup knives
Arc'teryx X-350a Climbing Harness
Arc'teryx Military Kneecaps
Cadex Defence Model 643-93C NVG Helmet Mounts
Ops Inc. 15th Model 5.56 CQB MBS Suppressors
INVISIO M3-series Tactical Headset Systems
...and yes, a lot of Paraclete gear, mostly MSA-Paraclete HPC/SOHPC.


Hope this helps.
You're beautiful.
__________________
Quote:
The war between the sexes is over. We won the second women started doing pole dancing for exercise.
Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 14:08   #42
whiskey_four
 
whiskey_four's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: GTA | Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGuitarded View Post
You're beautiful.
Glad you found my post helpful. As I said, I didn't provide a complete list and if you have a careful look at the brochure, there are many other items that are recognizable:
Blackhawk SOLAG gloves, Thales Urban Speaker Microphone, Pro-Tec Ace helmet on the SO Cox'n, and a wide selection of red-dot/reflex/telescopic and holographic weapon sights.
So perhaps we can keep this thread going over the long term and it can serve as a resource to anyone researching and collecting JTF2/CANSOF gear.
whiskey_four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 15:15   #43
warbird
 
warbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NB, Canada
Other than paraclete, what vests do they use? RAVs? CIRAS?
warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:24   #44
Felipe
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montpellier,France
They use most of the time for DA, RAV, SOHPC, HPC paraclete, I've seen a pic of LBT1961 A on HPC...

They can use what they want....
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 08:39   #45
Midma
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Anybody interested by a new French forum on JTF-2 forces?

Midma
Midma is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.