Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft / Clearsoft - Long Term Reliability Study

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 15th, 2011, 06:27   #376
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

1) Make and Model
-- G&G GR16A2 Carbine (Pneumatic Blowback)
2) Date Purchased
-- December 2010
3) Cost
-- $350
4) New/Used?
-- New
5) Mechanical Problems
-- Gearbox: None! Performance by consistency is impressive
-- Body: Catastrophic failure. Body is secured to faux buffer-tube in typical fashion by extension into the 'buffer-tube' retained by a screw.
Gun was very well-treated but stress fractures developed through regular course of use at the point where retaining extension and lower body proper meet. Continued use would have resulted in stripping/ mangling of contact with gearbox shell.
Less than one season of indoor/ outdoor use.
6) Esthetic Problems
-- None (plastic lower receiver)
7) Rounds Fired Between Failures
-- (~5000 to date)
8) Changes to Internals & Externals
-- Metal body (post failure, significant aftermarket compatibility issues)
9) Resale Date and Value
-- Costs associated exceed value
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2012, 20:47   #377
Anthology

1) Crosman Stinger P36

2) Summer of 2008

3) Package deal with the Crosman Stinger S32P for $80 at Canadian Tire I believe?

4) New

5) Spring broke right through the back of the slide in storage (Summer 2011). Literally it popped right out the back, shattered through both sides of the plastic since the whole thing is a clamshell. Imagine opening double doors, that's what the spring did. Would classify as catastrophic failure.

6) Broken body and slide due to spring failure (Summer 2011)

7) ~400-800

8) Greased up slide tracks, painted black.

9) N/A

10) Decent pistol for a shitty springer (I use decent loosely), wasn't expecting it to fail in storage though.

~~~~~~~~~~

1) Crosman Stinger S32P

2) Summer of 2008

3) Package deal with the Crosman Stinger P36 for $80 at Canadian Tire I believe?

4) New

5) Hop up is absolute garbage. The safety button broke right out of the body of the gun. There is no functional safety as of early 2010 (I think).

6) Safety catch is missing (Early 2010).

7) 1000-1500

8) Greased up piston track, oiled pump action mechanism, custom paint job.

9) N/A

10) Surprisingly durable, aside from the safety switch. I believe this is a clone of the UTG 870 (which is a poor clone of the Marui 870) but honestly you can buy worse for 50 bucks. From what I've heard it's even compatible with the UTG mags.

Taylor
Anthology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 17:13   #378
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Edited June 2, 2013
1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)
- CYMA, FAMAS [F1]

2) Date Obtained
- 11-21-11

3) Initial Cost
- $170

4) New or Used
- Brand-out-of-the-box-still-shiny new

5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
- Gearbox Lockdown-11-26-11
- Hop-up problems - Fixed as of January 2012. Discovered Hop Over-sensitivity and tendency to 'overheat' and be inconsistent, consistently.
- Catastrophic Failure: Mid-2012. Piston head separated from piston assembly, scratching cylinder, piston, and destroying cylinder head. Separate wear detected on some other parts of drivetrain assembly. All damaged parts ordered January 2013, Gearbox rebuilt April 2013. Cause of damage was traced to metal spacers placed to correct AOE; screw was not loctited, and came undone during moderate firing runs.

6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
- Sticky cocking handle - Fixed 1-26-12 by sanding down some protruding body nubs.
- Cracking on inner body, caused by over-tightened screws. Fixed upon discovery with cyanoacrylate.
- Barrel attachment flanges snapped off after rifle barrel accidentally impacted wooden wall during transition from low ready to firing state.
- Wire routing flange snapped during above incident

7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
- 300 rds. to gearbox lock, 1500-2000 rds. to date.
- Further 1000-3000 rds. before piston head snapped off and destroyed internals in April 2012. Pending parts as of May 2012.
- Roughly 7-10 000 rounds fired to date, as of June 2013.
- Roughly 10 000 rounds as of selling date

8) Changes to Internals and Externals (upgrades, mods, dates)
- Fixed sticky cocking handle.
- Relubed/greased.
- Aftermarket parts pending - Update, no longer pending.
- AoE corrected.
- Scope mount MacGuyvered, Bushnell 2-6x28EE or AimPoint CompM4 mounted
- M/B Piston added. Lonex Piston Head added. New T7 Cylinder added. New V7 Sorbo Buddies Sorbo Pad added. New Lonex M90SP Spring added.
- Front Leaf Sight removed. Blade sight kept in place.
- Body painted.
- 9.6V Battery equipped.

9) Resale Date and Value if applicable.
- Traded in October 2013, exact date currently unavailable. Approximate Package Value (two batteries, rifle, three magazines) $250.

10)Notes and Comments (Optional)
- It seems quality control is non-existent, and many of the self-tapping screws are screwed in so hard the body is cracking. An 8.4v is too slow for the gun; a 9.6v is recommended.
- Update: 9.6V added. Trigger response is crisper, ROF estimated at 12-15 BPS.
"-----------\_*_\

Last edited by JLiang; October 16th, 2013 at 19:55..
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 13:14   #379
logoris

1) Manufacturer, Model Name
KJW G23 Plastic slide Smoke Frame
2) Date Obtained
Summer 2011
3) Initial Cost
$250
4) New or Used
Brand new
5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related)
None (and it has been drop by accident)
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related)
Only some paint wear on the the internal slide rails, no scrarches
7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed)
about 1000 plinking and 200 in games, no failure.
8) Changes to Internals (upgrades, dates)
Propane from the start, was short stroked for a little bit about a month, fully disassembled and oiled

TM M733 Commando
2) Date Obtained
Summer 2011
3) Initial Cost
$400
4) New or Used
Brand new
5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related)
None
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related)
Small crack that is around the trigger guard
7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed)
about 4000 plinking and 7000 at games no failures.
8) Changes to Internals (upgrades, dates)
G&P M120 high speed motor, all else is stock (fall 2011)
External upgrades that wont effect longevity

Last edited by logoris; February 16th, 2012 at 13:26..
logoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 18:15   #380
iamnotcody
Raeg Quit!1~1

1) Manufacturer, Aftermath Kraken
-
2) Date Obtained: Summer of 2011 I believe, however previous owner had it for over two years before me.
-
3) Initial Cost: $180
-
4) New or Used: Used, heavily.
-
5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue) None, no problems what so ever. Through the three years of use this gun has endured it has never went through a problem.
-
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue) Plastic body is fine, nothing went wrong but I had a metal body installed. Part of the place where the body attaches to the stock was bent a bit and made the stock not fit correctly "still usable" I tried to bend it back in place and it snapped. I had some welder solution applied to the stock hasn't broken yet.
-
7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point) Countless, at least 20,000 for sure. Most likely more then that but again I didn't count and I didn't have the gun for the full time of it being used.
-
8) Changes to Internals and Externals (upgrades, mods, dates) Metal Body Installed. Everything else is bone stock.
-
9) Resale Date and Value if applicable. I would probably sell it for $150, if I were just to give the gun and one mag. Keep in mind it has the metal body installed. And although that doesn't mean much it means something.
-
10)Notes and Comments (Optional) People say clearsoft "mostly everyone" is absolute crap. I prove once again that the case isn't necessarily true. This Kraken has went through hell & back with no problems what so ever. Since I had it I hadn't even done any maintenance on the gun "Don't have the things to do it with" and it still shoots strong as if it just came out of the box. Bout 3 years of abuse and still works great. I highly recommend this gun.

Last edited by iamnotcody; July 26th, 2012 at 10:10..
iamnotcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 18:08   #381
NS-Airsoft-Noob

1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)
Classic Army M15A4 Sportline Rifle (weapon replicated is the M16A4 Rifle with A2-style handguards)

2) Date Obtained
Ordered during late December 2012 (received in early January 2013)

3) Initial Cost
$225

4) New or Used
New

5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
1) Stock hop-up performance isn't good; the included plastic one-piece hop-up unit that comes pre-installed has an adjustment wheel that is hard to turn in small increments (meaning fine adjustments to the hop-up aren't really possible), and the adjustment wheel has to be turned all the way over for the BB to noticeably hit a little higher on the target

6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
1) The rear takedown pin going through the mechbox is difficult to remove; a good amount of force is needed to take it out
2) One of the two screw holes for the included pistol grip motor plate is stripped, meaning that the motor plate isn't held on as securely (might cause an issue with motor height)
3) CA cheaped out (well it is a Sportline) and installed a short M4-length 363mm internal barrel, instead of a typical M16-length 509mm internal barrel

7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
No major failures yet; hit 4000 rounds fired so far as of Jan 29/2013 (emptied my bag of 4000 Classic Army 0.25g BBs from Revolution Airsoft) and the gearbox still works fine

1) Externals: Replaced the plastic orange flash hider with a black metal 14mm CCW A2-style flash hider (supplied with the gun in the box) right after bringing the gun home
2) Externals: Replaced stock pistol grip with Magpul PTS MOE black pistol grip
3) Internals: Replaced stock 363mm barrel with Madbull Black Python V2 509mm tightbore barrel
4) Internals: Replaced stock hop-up rubber with PDI W-Hold rubber

9) Notes and Comments
1) I'm never buying a Sportline-quality AEG again (basically any AEG less than $300); the stock internals (like the hop-up unit) are subpar and I had to (and still have to) invest a lot of money on higher-quality replacement parts for this AEG to turn it into something half-decent; had I known I would've spent the extra money up front on something like a G&P
2) Even my father's CYMA AKS (CM042S) performs better than this AEG so far in its stock out-of-the-box configuration

Last edited by NS-Airsoft-Noob; February 7th, 2013 at 22:24..
NS-Airsoft-Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:33   #382
sammynac99

Kuan Ju Works Sig Sauer P226 Cansoft Lower

2) Date Obtained
December 2012

3) Initial Cost

100$

4) New or Used
In a box new

All In order, no issue thus far with the (Jan 2013) exception that long streams of fire will limit your gas capacity( like most gas guns) more prominent recently.

Paint scraped off from dropping, all else in order.

6000 rounds, no failures

Externally: Light added
Internally: all stock.
You find yourself in the ocean,20 foot waves,Going up against a 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends?You lose that battle.You lose that battle 9 times out of 10.Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve communicated.Lion is good!
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 15:56   #383
the_monkey

-Tokyo Marui P90 RD+p90 tri rail
2) Date Obtained
-september 2008
3) Initial Cost
-£260
4) New or Used
-New
-Semi auto trigger spring broken twice (aprox 50 000 rounds apart) on RD, failure has not happened on TR version
-RD sight fogs up, but only in exceptional weather
- The metal part the silencer threads onto is not glued or screwed as tightly as it should be, meant the upper had to be split (easy to do) and re glued, Has happened on both RD and TR version.
-Cut off lever has broken on both version, required aftermarket replacement
-
-nothing major
-50000+ but i strip and clean gun regularly
-All stock bar Airfet mosfet
-
-adding a tightbore caused huge problems to both guns, so was removed. range and accuracy are incredible. the gun is mostly stock and very well made by TM
every single hi cap is crap MAG magazines are good. SIlverback magazines all failed in exactly the same way
the_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2014, 14:03   #384
Fleurious

-CYMA, CM028 AK47 (Gun 1 of 2)
2) Date Obtained
-May 2014
3) Initial Cost
- $129.95
4) New or Used
- New
- None
-None
- 4,000, No failures.
- None
- N/A
- Excellent gun for the money

-Well, MB01 L96
2) Date Obtained
-May 2014
3) Initial Cost
- $119.95
4) New or Used
- New
- None
-The Allen key screw on the back of the bolt slide comes loose after every action. Tightening the screw all the way prevents bolts from moving at all. Requires constant adjustments to keep it from falling out. Will loctite it soon.
- 25, slide got locked after the screw on it became too loose out and a catch fell out.
- None
- N/A
- Haven't played with it enough to form an opinion on it.

-CYMA, CM028 AK47 (Gun 2 of 2)
2) Date Obtained
-May 2014
3) Initial Cost
- $129.95
4) New or Used
- New
- None
-None
- 4,000, No failures.
- None
- N/A
- Excellent gun for the money
-June 2014
3) Initial Cost
- $374.99
4) New or Used
- New
- None
-None
- 2,500, No failures.
- None
- N/A
- Very tight magazine well and poor feeding by the stock hi-cap magazine. I set up a water bottle hanging from a tree at 32m and was able to hit it every 2-5 shots, the BBs start pull left at this distance regardless of hop-up setting.

-CYMA, CM032 M14
2) Date Obtained
-May 2014
3) Initial Cost
- $199.95
4) New or Used
- New
- After about 50 rounds the gun started cycling 2-4 times with every trigger pull on semi auto. I took it back to TorontoAirsoft and they fixed it free of charge but then the full auto mode stopped functioning (it would keep firing until I unplugged the battery) as of today the auto mode seems to be working again (knock on wood)
-None
- 50, cut-off lever.
- None
- N/A
- Pretty accurate, I can hit a beer can at 32m every 1-2 shots with the iron sights.
Fleurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 09:37   #385
augherk

- Well R4: Umarex Mp7 (TM Clearsoft Clone)
2) Date Obtained
-Spring 2009
3) Initial Cost
- $160
4) New or Used
- New
5) Mechanical Problems
-occasionally, after firing stops, an extra bb will roll out of the barrel. does not affect performance.
-now fires only in automatic.
6) Esthetic Problems
- the original flash hider could not be removed, and attempting to do so caused minor damage to the forend. No internal damage, part was replaced without issue. The Gbb mp7 flash hiders do not work with the Well threads.
7) Rounds fired between failures
-no failures or jams to report.
8) Changes to Internals and Externals
- swapped clear body for a black plastic Well body, added a rear sling swivel.
- sold for 240 with 12 mags, the new body, and sling swivel.
- this was my first aeg, and frankly I'm damn impressed with how long this thing has lasted. The friend who purchased it from me has replaced his gbb sidearm with this and hasn't looked back since!
augherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 07:12   #386
DarkJTF

1) Make and Model
-- G&G GC1-46
2) Date Purchased
-- October 2015
3) Cost
-- 340$
4) New/Used?
-- New
5) Mechanical Problems
-- Gearbox crack / Piston head blow
-- Midcap missfeed
6) Esthetic Problems
-- None
7) Rounds Fired Between Failures
8) Changes to Internals & Externals
Before failures :
-- Nukefet
-- Plastic spring guide with bearing
-- Pdi 6.01 / 275mm inner barrell
-- Prometheus purple bucking
After failures :
-- Lonex Gearbox shell
-- Lonex Extreme toughness piston
-- Lonex Piston head
-- Lonex Cylinder head
-- Lonex Air Nozzle
-- Lonex Tappet plate
-- Lonex metal spring guide
-- ZCi M4 cylinder
-- ZCi Standars ratio gear set
-- Shs anti reversal latch
-- Big dragon Hopup unit
-- Flat hop conversion

9) Resale Date and Value
-- Still using it
DarkJTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 10:21   #387
M0rphine117
AV Removed, buyer beware.

- Echo1 ST6
2) Date Obtained
- December 2014
3) Initial Cost
- $275
4) New or Used
- Used (barely, friend bought and never gamed with)
- Dead trigger (my fault, used lipo when it was not lipo ready)
- None
- 1000ish before I upgraded, another 1000 before the trigger died. 500 since Mosfet installed.

Madbull 6.03mm inner barrel

Done before first game, worked well at first, Then I had jamming issues as well as misfeed and locked motor issues as well.

ZCI Hi Torque Motor
SHS 14 steel teeth Piston
Ace1arm cylinder head
Ace1arm piston head with ball bearing
Ace1arm Nozzle with dual oring
Lonex 70 degree Hopup bucking

Then I killed the trigger and installed a Gate PicoSSR MOSFET.

One game since and has been perfect

- N/A

Even with the issues I've had with this rifle, I still love it. love the way it feels, looks, handles everything.

(Ignore my warning, I`m awesome)
M0rphine117 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion