:

Newbie Tank

Old July 8th, 2016, 08:56   #1
Tshiip

Are those 2 the same?

Simple question. Are those 2 the same?

http://www.herooutdoors.com/ics-bt5-...6-airsoft-gun/

http://www.herooutdoors.com/ics-bt5-sd6/

Cause you know, there's like a 150$ price difference between the 2 of them...
Tshiip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 09:15   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

The MX5 one is their high end gun, the other one is probably a sport line or low-mid range. The MX5 is a much better gun.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 09:24   #3
Tshiip

Well that's what I though as well. But the sportline doesn't have an sd6 version.
Also, I don't know the validity of THIS but mx5 and bt5 are the same from what I understand.
In addition to this, the sku #is referring to the metal version, which are from my understanding their high end series. http://www.icsbb.com/product/ics-02-mx5-sd6/

Anyway, I emailed them and waiting for an answer. I'll update when I get it.
Old July 8th, 2016, 15:07   #4
Drakker

MX5 is the gun series, in this case higher end MP5s.

BT5 is the trades on the receiver, from the real steel company Brügger & Thomet. They also sell their MP5s without trades and they call them plain MX5 for the high end and sportline MP5 for the low end.

Old July 8th, 2016, 16:28   #5
devbro

check ICS website:
http://icsbb.com/

they are more specific as the difference.
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 18:16   #6
Darklen
Administrator

The MX5 series use ICS's split gearbox used in their AR line along with a mosfet. Several internal parts are proprietary like the entire trigger switch unit and the selector assemblies.
Old July 8th, 2016, 18:47   #7
Drakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklen View Post
The MX5 series use ICS's split gearbox used in their AR line along with a mosfet. Several internal parts are proprietary like the entire trigger switch unit and the selector assemblies.
They finally put their split GB in regular MP5s? I though it was reserved for the ugly MP5 lookalike.

Old July 9th, 2016, 01:27   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

mx5 pro has the mosfet

mx5 is their generic name for mp5
Old July 12th, 2016, 13:28   #9
Tshiip

To whoever followed that thread, I finally got an answer after 4 days. Well guess what... it was indeed the same item with a 150$ differences... They say it was a double listing... well guess I should've take a chance. The page got deleted...sometimes it's not too good to be true.
Old July 12th, 2016, 13:56   #10
AnthonyG
LUser Title

They probably would not have honoured it. I've gone in to the store, found the item I wanted in the wrong colour but with a lower price than expected, as soon as they pulled out the colour I wanted, they pulled up the correct price from their system. When I asked, they wouldn't honour the price on the tag which was lower.

That's life...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 14:29   #11
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
They probably would not have honoured it. I've gone in to the store, found the item I wanted in the wrong colour but with a lower price than expected, as soon as they pulled out the colour I wanted, they pulled up the correct price from their system. When I asked, they wouldn't honour the price on the tag which was lower.

That's life...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It's also false advertising and should be reported.
Old July 12th, 2016, 14:58   #12
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

Not to defend this store but working in one myself sometimes items are priced higher or lower than what we have marked physically on the package. With how fluid commerce is these days goods can fluctuate pretty fast, to keep tagging physical inventory would be a nightmare in most cases so that's why it's sometimes different from what it says. To me that's not false advertising.

False advertising is an ad or other communications means saying one thing to bring you in and then having a different price in person or once you are trying to place an order. That's a deceitful practice that I would never condone.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 15:06   #13
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
Not to defend this store but working in one myself sometimes items are priced higher or lower than what we have marked physically on the package. With how fluid commerce is these days goods can fluctuate pretty fast, to keep tagging physical inventory would be a nightmare in most cases so that's why it's sometimes different from what it says. To me that's not false advertising.

False advertising is an ad or other communications means saying one thing to bring you in and then having a different price in person or once you are trying to place an order. That's a deceitful practice that I would never condone.
It also covers priced items on a shelf, if the shelf price is lower than the $ in the system, the shelf price is to be taken as advertised.

Last edited by BloodSport; July 12th, 2016 at 15:09..
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 18:45   #14
Tshiip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post

I totally understand your point. That being said, every store has to do it, whatever inventory system they want to use is up to them, but from the moment an item is shown as XX.XX$, it can't be charged as YY.YY$ without a procedure (10$ off). The scanning code on the item has to match the scanning code on the shelf though, in order to prevent customers changing items from shelf to other shelf.

On the case of the website, I really don't know how it works, but from a logical point of view, their isn't any physical variable that could influence... The item is shown as 200$, you will have to honor it at 200$, because it is the store fault and only his its fault. Unless he changes the price before anyone has checked out with it. (I guess)
Old July 12th, 2016, 21:15   #15
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

@Bloodsport hmm, I should have received a shit ton of lower prices based on that. I will use it next time at a retailer and see what happens. I doubt calling them would do much good.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank