Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M120 Spring Upgrade in a 2006 CA M15A4 Carbine

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 18th, 2006, 22:37   #1
HottDude65

M120 Spring Upgrade in a 2006 CA M15A4 Carbine

If you stick an M120 spring in a 2006 Model CA M15A4 Carbine do you need to upgrade any internals even though CA's come pre-upgraded from the factory? I'm asking this in terms of the reliability of the gun after you increase the ROF of it.

thanx
HottDude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 22:40   #2
Kid

Should be ok. I own one and run a 140% in it.

I highly suggest you get a silent or POM piston head though, the stock one is metal of sort and that could definately hurt your gearbox with a spring upgrade.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 23:54   #3
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
CA's gearbox is reinforced just to let you know.
Old July 18th, 2006, 23:56   #4
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage
CA's gearbox is reinforced just to let you know.
It is, but V2 is still V2. Personally, I wouldn't and am not currently chancing it. Mine will be here (for the most part) on Wednesday.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:40   #5
Greylocks

A stronger spring will not improve your ROF. Just be sure you have metal bushings (I think CA does from factory) and know what you are doing.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 22:07   #6
Too-many-hobbies

My CA M15A4 is in the mail!!! Cant' wait...how many FPS will the gun gain with that spring? Will you have to upgrade from a 8.4 > 9.6 for the bigger spring?...did I metion I can't wait?
Too-many-hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 10:45   #7
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-many-hobbies
My CA M15A4 is in the mail!!! Cant' wait...how many FPS will the gun gain with that spring? Will you have to upgrade from a 8.4 > 9.6 for the bigger spring?...did I metion I can't wait?
Breathe, relax, and when the upgrade is done properly just find someone with a Chrony.
A m120 pushes a LOT of the field Limits (yes, limits are not goals to achieve) in Canada.

Okay folks? When LIMITS are quoted, get a clue; It's NOT a contest to see how close you can get to a power level that will get your ass banned from gaming. It's a matter of SAFETY and RESPECT for the people you will be playing with.

(Edit, you are in the US, where you can probably shoot each other legally with real guns for fun. Here it's different. Sorry, so far it's 3 people I know who died this week of various causes and my temper is really short)
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 19:35   #8
Droc
M120 refers to 120 meters per second or 394fps
but just because it says M120, it could push more or less. I have heard of people getting 380fps and some getting 420fps. so its a gamble.
an 8.4 will be fine. infact, a 7.2 will work fine also. a 9.6 just runs it faster(and ruins it faster also).
all these questions have the info clearly listed in the FAQ. not to be an ass, but there is alot to know about your new best friend...and if you wanna keep it in the best condition and get the most out of it, read through the FAQ...think of it as a girls diary of her sex life...the more you know about her, the better. The more you know about your gun, the better.
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:05   #9
freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
Should be ok. I own one and run a 140% in it.

I highly suggest you get a silent or POM piston head though, the stock one is metal of sort and that could definately hurt your gearbox with a spring upgrade.
which cylinder head should you use with a Prometheus POM piston head?

I know that systema silent piston need to be used with a matched systema cylinder head.How about the Prometheus POM piston head?Is a matched cylinder head required as well?If the answer is yes,which cylinder head?

freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:43   #10
eel one

Send a message via MSN to eel one Send a message via Skype™ to eel one
The Prometheus POM piston head is a flat head and can run on all cylinder heads I have seen. The systema silent head also works with prometheus aero cylinder head as well as with the PGC cylinder head whitch is also has a conic design.

@ kit a 140% spring is not much more that the CA standart spring. The equivalent to M120 in a %-spring will be a 170% if you look at ILLusions spring comparison chart
eel one is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications