Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Daytona Guns

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 13th, 2015, 10:45   #31
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Only problem I personally see for Canadian DG users is that now with GBBR out of the picture.

Is that getting parts and kits are only from Tony now... thus it'll take some time. Since Justin doesn't have any public contact information.

IE you got a Broken Valve, hop up rubber rip, etc.

Justin (HK)-> Tony (USA) -> You (Canada).. Going to take 1 month for a part?

That being said, I wouldn't mind a DG MP5, that be sick. I've had the M4, and played with the AK/SCAR/M249 and the AK has the most kick.

- GBB's have a nice design, but I guess my only gripe with them is the cool down and the inconsistency with propane.

The DG system scares people in CQB, quite fun. I recall last winter at one of LT game I was just dry firing the gun and people were like "ITS REAL CAP ONLY" hehehehe, but I didn't even had my magazine in.

Also -
I don't see Justin going down anytime soon, he's been around for a long time.. and if he does quit, someone will pick up and re-invent the wheel.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2015, 16:00   #32
big_gunz

I have a m249 canadian kit if you are interested
Old January 25th, 2016, 11:36   #33
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Edit: Fuck, didn't notice the year. Sorry for the 1-year Necro.

That said, a lot of the info following still stands.

A large source for DG in Canada (and AFAIK the only current source) is BlackBlitz Airsoft, based in the Kitchener-Waterloo ON area. According to the owner, they're an official retailer for DG in Canada.

As for the nuances of DG systems, they do make kits, but they're not 'drop in' by any measure. It takes a lot of work to get them to fit and work, and even after they're fitted, it takes anywhere from 500-50000 rounds to get them broken in. The DG system is based on a simple premise: Hard rubs Soft. Brass on Aluminium, Steel on Brass, etc. Once the hard and soft rub each other smooth, it will work perfectly. This means, though, that it won't when they're rubbing.

That said, recent DG kits are getting much better with tolerances, which should mean the break-in time is improving.

The kick to a DG is slightly more than a .22, slightly less than .223. It's enough to throw your aim, but not enough to seriously impede follow-up shots. My WE AR with stock buffer spring and RA Tech Bolt probably fires at 1/2-2/3 the recoil of my friend's DG MSK.

The DG does have a weird brass tube in the ejection port, but that doesn't bother most. The charging handle is also kinda spongy, but again, it's not really a big deal. The trigger is designed to replicate an accurate RS pull: About 5-8 pounds, depending on rifle. If you're not used to it, your finger hurts real fast. It's loud, kicks you with the bolt and air, and is generally obnoxious. Your hand hurts after a few mags. It's not a pleasant system.

That said, it's fun as all hell and totally worth it. It's the bliss of a GBB with the benefits and consistency of an HPA. Obnoxious or not, the reliability and accuracy of the platform can't be contested.

The owners of BBA should be able to help you. I've seen their builds and they're pretty pristine. A lot of care goes in. They also do just sell kits for all your guns. I talked to the owner and they're getting the L85 and AUG DG kits when the HK designer releases them.
"-----------\_*_\

Last edited by JLiang; January 25th, 2016 at 11:46..
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 12:48   #34
Datawraith

Still relevant info for those wanting to source Daytonas; it's good to update to let people know that Blackblitz sells Daytonas in country. And I personally know the Blackblitz guys and hang out with them pretty often in the store lol. But yeah, they put in lots of work into each Daytona to make sure it fits and runs properly.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 13:40   #35
Foodbasics

Pretty sure you can't mention the retailer since this isn't an AV area but yeah, a retailer is the official dealer for Daytona now and Tony will not sell to Canadians anymore.

I want to clear up some misconceptions though

1: No kit needs 50k rounds for break in. 10k is usually required although the last few kits I saw done here required no mechanical break in. Only the bucking needed to break in and you can get around that by boiling it on the stove for 5 minutes.

2. There are several kits that I would consider drop in. The MSK is ridiculously easy.
Foodbasics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 14:27   #36
JLiang

Hm, thanks for the info.

It seems DG might be getting better tolerances.

I've heard the MSK is still quite hard, but I suppose it varies per tech and per kit.
"-----------\_*_\
Old January 25th, 2016, 14:58   #37
Foodbasics

The MSK is generally considered to be the easiest install. The Scar is a close second. They require little to no work/fitting and for the most part you just drop the parts in, lube, and go.

The m4 kits require the most work as you have to mill out a fair amount of material.
Foodbasics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 15:26   #38
JLiang

Then I stand corrected.
"-----------\_*_\
Old January 25th, 2016, 16:46   #39
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodbasics View Post
Pretty sure you can't mention the retailer since this isn't an AV area but yeah, a retailer is the official dealer for Daytona now and Tony will not sell to Canadians anymore.

I want to clear up some misconceptions though

1: No kit needs 50k rounds for break in. 10k is usually required although the last few kits I saw done here required no mechanical break in. Only the bucking needed to break in and you can get around that by boiling it on the stove for 5 minutes.

2. There are several kits that I would consider drop in. The MSK is ridiculously easy.
Well, we're talking about where to get the SYSTEM for Daytona's so... gray/grey(?) area as far as the rules are concerned (I think anyways). Plus, this thread IS dedicated to Daytona's so what's the point if people don't know where to get them from (short of the obvious Google of course). Before, it was knowledge on the thread to get Daytona's from Tony; now it's Blackblitz. Yeah, it's about 10k now I think for break-in (at least that's what I remember them telling me...)
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 18:20   #40
jamuke

Nice to see an active DG thread.
Thanks for the dealer update.

I've had a few
AK,FAL M4 and MP5

Don't know as BBA didn't mention, but you'd want TNKs Big Bolt in the package for AK.
The older ones had a stainless engaging plate screwed into the bolt with 2 M4 screws that would wear away,snap and generally fk things up.

TNKs BIG Bolt had a steel plate welded to the bolt.Also had larger valves for more airflow(this was something TNK had done for me custom, Best ask if you are ordering an AK kit if the bolt has a plate screwed or welded)

The AK was definitely the most intimidating.
On the LCT with the steel bolt just slamming away with a nice chunk and steely ring just the thing to bring a smile on.

Don't put it on a Dboyz ,no problems with it but LCT quality is just sooo much better.
I had heard that it was possible to put it in an even nicer platform though I completely forget ( Innokatsu? do they even make AK, possibly Real Sword ..never mind)

The MP5 is a contender for nice hard kick, sadly more a chuk sound.

The FAL was heavy as hell

I built my M4 on a sweet WOC base and directly copied it from another M4 from Justin,
that indeed was a project that was precise and needed a lot of patience ,
but man once it was finished I was gratified to have the time rewarded with a great result and emotional investment in the satisfaction bank.( and I can still feel my back ache)
It looks like only WE M4 kits are available.

Fortunately I was lucky enough to stock up on HOP rubbers and aside from the AK bolt I don't see much in the way of issues with the system,
keep in mind though that there are operating tolerances so 120psi should be your max.... my guns are pretty happy between 90-110 psi
Old January 26th, 2016, 08:59   #41
Wolfgeorge

I'm also another happy DG owner.
My guns are not so mainstream but I do love them.
I currently own a DG MP5 A4 and a M110/SR25.
I had and a G36 but sold that mostly cause I was sick of the way it opened for maintenance.

I'd like an MSK and an AK build on LCT body.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000 DX
Wolfgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2016, 19:59   #42
yuzhao

Smile

Never know you are there George haha.

Its me, Kevin from the DG retailer. Just want to say hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
I'm also another happy DG owner.
My guns are not so mainstream but I do love them.
I currently own a DG MP5 A4 and a M110/SR25.
I had and a G36 but sold that mostly cause I was sick of the way it opened for maintenance.

I'd like an MSK and an AK build on LCT body.

Wolf
APS CAM 870 SAI
-
Need age verification in the Waterloo Regional, ON? Contact me or meet me at Blackblitz Airsoft.
yuzhao is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion