Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

how can someone get certified for sniping?

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 15th, 2011, 23:04   #1
Navez

Question how can someone get certified for sniping?

i have a wish to be certified for sniping as i notice alot more games are requesting for players to do so. i have heard baseless info such as players that use semi-auto sniper rifles must be certified, but fortunatley i do not believe so.

Can i request that someone with all and REAL facts leave posts. Also i am in the toronto area and would like to know on WHERE i can become certified for this.

Thank You.
Navez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 23:21   #2
Juke16

Use the search function...
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/search....archid=5967725

Maybe this is what you're looking for?
http://www.instructables.com/id/bais...ipeing-school/
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 23:51   #3
Mr. inked

just know that its up the the host/field owner what the fps limits are certfited dosn't over rule the host/field owners say
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 23:57   #4
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Although being certified allows you to use a hotter BA at a larger majority of fields than not being certified does. Clinics are posted in the games section so keep an eye there. Semi-auto for the most part falls under regular AEG rules.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 00:05   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Overall you don't need certification to be a sniper on fields, there is little benefit to running a 450fps+ rifle anyways, so you can go with a bolt action under 450fps and have a blast without certification. Case in point, I ran my M24 at around 500fps for many years, and the final couple years of playing, I had much better accuracy and success (and fun) with it set at 395fps (0.20g) and launching 0.36g Bastards at ~300fps....... anyone can do that, is all a matter of learning to shoot, watching the BB flight path, adjusting as needed, all real steel skills.

Certification itself is really only a means of 'certifying' that you understand minimum engagement distances, safety issues, and such. Really it's just about being safe. What courses DO as a benefit is spoon feed you a massive pile of skills and learning in a short period of time to make being an airsoft sniper for fun for you, shooting, movement, etc. with less frustration.

Don't treat it as a requirement, and don't think higher powered guns give you an advantage, they really don't make that big of a difference.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 14:33   #6
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Although being certified allows you to use a hotter BA at a larger majority of fields than not being certified does. Clinics are posted in the games section so keep an eye there. Semi-auto for the most part falls under regular AEG rules.
yes but even if you are certified the host/owner can ignore that and say BA limit is 450 no exceptions it all depends on their insurance i think dont quote me on that
Live and die on this day
Old October 16th, 2011, 18:41   #7
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
It all depends on the field owner yes, however you are more likely to be permitted to use a hot BA once certified than someone who does not have said certification. Insurance does not have much to do with it unless you're playing at a paintball field or such because most private fields do not have any insurance what so ever. I've been able to use my old BA which was running pretty hot at quite a few games, even at paintball fields and what not.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 20:03   #8
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
And dont forget about VETO's

If at any point anybody wishes you not to be a sniper.....You cant
Now that said i have been using my sniper rifles for about 3-4 years now relegiosly and i have no need for said qualifications no field i play at acknoledges those certs. And just because someone has those certs doesnt guarantee that person isnt immmature or just a plain ass.
Old October 16th, 2011, 20:22   #9
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn28 View Post

Now that said i have been using my sniper rifles for about 3-4 years now relegiosly and i have no need for said qualifications no field i play at acknoledges those certs. And just because someone has those certs doesnt guarantee that person isnt immmature or just a plain ass.
agreed pluss i dont see the point in a BA needing to be over 450 fps it just makes no sense to me ive been picked off with aeg's that are at 380 fps...damn masada's
Live and die on this day
Old October 16th, 2011, 21:07   #10
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Pretty much as I said, sniper certs really only ends up as bragging rights only, nothing more, the field owner (and more often than not, ignores any certification and makes everyone stick within the limits regardless of experience). So the entire thing is a moot point.

Anyone know my sniper certifications besides the obvious ones? Not likely, because I don't plop it in my sig here. I enjoy the level I have and the respect I get, but I didn't get any of that based upon my certification status.......... I got it from respect on the field and being safe and highly effective as a sniper, you don't need to take a course to get that kind of level amongst the community. Mind you, as I stated, taking a course DOES fast track you to being trusted to not hurt anyone on the field, so is a reason to tak the course, but don't think it's a requirement to take a course to be able to use a rifle on the field. Besides, most AEG users are much more dangerous than any upgraded BA user since they are more likely to take close shots out of reaction, or they just don't know what damage their AEG can do. Personally I'd rather a guy shoot me at 100ft with a 0.36g BB flying at 400fps (500fps w/ 0.20g) than a noob using a 400fps AEG shooting me at 40- 60ft, one is controlled and likely aimed at mag pouch or other padded area, the other........... you'll feel it for days, especially if shot in the face.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; October 16th, 2011 at 21:09..
Old October 16th, 2011, 21:13   #11
Toxicrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn28 View Post

+1! The fields I play at know that I am a responsible player and keep to the MED that they wish me to have. A piece of paper doesn't make you a better player.
Toxicrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 21:17   #12
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Unless you put a hole through that peice of paper from 56km away while in your basement test firing a rifle for consistancy and get a bounce from the clip holding the target............ ya, welcome to my world, getting blamed for using a hot sniper rifle at a game I wasn't even at that day......
Old October 16th, 2011, 21:19   #13
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Unless you put a hole through that peice of paper from 56km away while in your basement test firing a rifle for consistancy and get a bounce from the clip holding the target............ ya, welcome to my world, getting blamed for using a hot sniper rifle at a game I wasn't even at that day......
Is 56km the new record I have to beat?
Old October 16th, 2011, 21:21   #14
Toxicrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
WOW, you must be one helluva shot!!!
Toxicrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 21:22   #15
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicrider View Post
WOW, you must be one helluva shot!!!
This but in real life
Wanted - Bullet Scene - YouTube

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank