Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM 1911 better than others?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 5th, 2011, 14:56   #16
slink182

Quote:
Originally Posted by sortie39 View Post
I just noticed that the price of TM's 1911 is a bit higher than those other GBBs.
Is it due to the quality of the material that has improved its performance in range,accuracy or some other reasons like licensing issues..

Also I have seen lots of reviewers rate this gun definitely an A+++ gun,why is it good? you get what you pay for indeed.
Your question is a little confusing, so I'll comment based on both interpretation.

TM's 1911 higher than other GBBs by TM: It is generally higher because it's a 1911 (or 1911 variant, such as a MEU, HiCapa, Hardballer, etc.). 1911's have always been "desirable" as a pistol since it has such a long history. A version or variant is manufactured by almost all small-arms manufacturers in the world, and if a small company wanted to build pistols, they would usually build a 1911 clone. This "desirability" also translates to airsoft, which is why TM's 1911's cost more to own than the majority of their other pistols (excluding custom & specialty works). However, if you look at other GBB pistol makers, you'll notice that their 1911's & variants will generally cost more than their other pistols also, so the pricing system around 1911's isn't limited to just TM.

TM's 1911 higher than 1911 GBBs by other builders: TM's pistols are plastic, yes, but they're of very high grade plastic (high-impact ABS, if I'm not mistaken, though I'm not certain if it's reinforced with anything, like fibreglass). Other builders may sell their pistols at lower cost, and claim metal slides and such. However, the lower cost would be the result of either using lower quality materials, having looser tolerances, or both. This means weaker plastics, softer metals, sloppy fitments, less polish, etc. If you look at the builders of real steel 1911's, this is also true. For example, both Norinco & Colt both build 1911's. The Norinco is cheap (serviceable, but does require a number of upgrades and mods to become good), but the Colt is the benchmark standard.

One other thing - although TM's can be had, not many retailers in Canada carry them (unless you start looking inside the AV'ed areas), so that also affects pricing.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 18:57   #17
sortie39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slink182 View Post
Your question is a little confusing, so I'll comment based on both interpretation.

TM's 1911 higher than other GBBs by TM: It is generally higher because it's a 1911 (or 1911 variant, such as a MEU, HiCapa, Hardballer, etc.). 1911's have always been "desirable" as a pistol since it has such a long history. A version or variant is manufactured by almost all small-arms manufacturers in the world, and if a small company wanted to build pistols, they would usually build a 1911 clone. This "desirability" also translates to airsoft, which is why TM's 1911's cost more to own than the majority of their other pistols (excluding custom & specialty works). However, if you look at other GBB pistol makers, you'll notice that their 1911's & variants will generally cost more than their other pistols also, so the pricing system around 1911's isn't limited to just TM.

TM's 1911 higher than 1911 GBBs by other builders: TM's pistols are plastic, yes, but they're of very high grade plastic (high-impact ABS, if I'm not mistaken, though I'm not certain if it's reinforced with anything, like fibreglass). Other builders may sell their pistols at lower cost, and claim metal slides and such. However, the lower cost would be the result of either using lower quality materials, having looser tolerances, or both. This means weaker plastics, softer metals, sloppy fitments, less polish, etc. If you look at the builders of real steel 1911's, this is also true. For example, both Norinco & Colt both build 1911's. The Norinco is cheap (serviceable, but does require a number of upgrades and mods to become good), but the Colt is the benchmark standard.

One other thing - although TM's can be had, not many retailers in Canada carry them (unless you start looking inside the AV'ed areas), so that also affects pricing.
well the second part sounds reasonsable.

history might be a good pricing cause for any jp companies other than TM.

when u look up the KSC's GBBs,u will find most 1911 variants are a lot cheaper than others, there should be more concerns about history value because they always have been pursuing the first-rate realism other than the performance.Nevertheless still costs much more than TM's 1911.

I have only experienced with TM's p226,its priced 14800 jp yen while the 1911a1 costs 17640 jp yen even I did the maximum upgrade on it I still would say the technical potential of upgrade is not simply worth a couple of cash.

TM's 2011 catalogue:
http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/AllLineup.pdf

Last edited by sortie39; June 5th, 2011 at 19:00..
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 00:19   #18
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast569 View Post
Ok well the retailers on this site sell them for 405 for a TM meu plastic 1911. So he isnt far off.

Believe me I would pay that for one pending it wasnt plastic.
There's the 1911, then there's the MEU.

When I hear 1911, I think of the 1911A1 Colt Govt. Model.

This guy:

But technically this guy is also a 1911:

The A1 shouldn't cost more that $350 (if that) for a stock TM, whereas the Foliage Warrior in my second picture cost me more than $600, also a TM, but not the same internally as the A1.

But you're right, the MEU is more expensive than the stock A1, but since we're talking about the stock TM 1911 being the most kick ass blaster on the planet, the MEU is kind of relegated to second seat.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 00:58   #19
sortie39
Banned

no wonder i have never seen anyone ask less than 250 for a TM 1911a1 on ASC or even craigslist,even used ones..
instead get a KSC/WA 1911 within 150 is relatively more possible,so it seems that everyone knows what he is selling.

Last edited by sortie39; June 6th, 2011 at 02:13..
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion