Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What are the main differneces between an M4 CQBR and MK18 Mod 0 & Mod 1?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 20th, 2012, 01:25   #1
nstahl.19

What are the main differneces between an M4 CQBR and MK18 Mod 0 & Mod 1?

Ive been wanting to build an MK18, possibly from scratch, first time, so I have some questions. I do have a M4 CQBR which I might try to make an MK18 out of, if possible. What is the difference between an M4 CQBR and MK18 Mod 0 & Mod 1? Also, what are the differences between the Mods? Does one have a free float rail system? I've also read that the MK18 has a M16 lower receiver? Not sure what Mod on any of this. Would the receivers be compatible? An in depth explanation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nstahl.19; December 20th, 2012 at 02:10..
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:53   #2
Danke

M4 CQBR has a 10.3" barrel. For the purposes of airsoft the MK 18 etc. does not matter.

They're a dog's breakfast built of spare parts from the armorer's bay. Some on one receiver and some with another. Some scratch built, others just a kit with the salient parts to upgrade an existing weapon.

Nail the short barrel and get a KAC RIS and you are in business. Setup the rest to suit what you want just like they do on the boats.
Old December 20th, 2012, 02:02   #3
OM3GA

This is my knowledge and it may be not be 100% correct so take it as it is.

The CQB-R is the original variant of the 10.3" rifle based off of an M4A1 with parts swapped so it is essentially converted from an A1. The most notable difference is the use of the standard car stock. The MK18 was developed as a stand alone platform built from the ground up. The mod0 utilizes an M4 CQB-R upper on an M16 lower and an LMT sopmod stock instead of the car stock found on the CQB-R. The rest of the parts are pretty much the same.

Where things get noticeable different and more complicated is the MK18 mod1 (technically the wrong name as it is the SOPMOD Block II kit for the CQB-R) it uses a Colt upper, Colt M4 lower Colt 10.3" barrel, Mk12 gas block, KAC flash suppressor, KAC M4 QD sound suppressor, FDE DD Mk18 RIS II, LMT SOPMOD or other issued stock, CQD sling attachment plate, and a black A2 grip. With the "MK18 mod1" because it is based off the SOPMOD Block II kit it can be seen used on an M16 or M4 lower.

There is a ton of stuff floating around about the differences between the kits and it is hard to find a perfect answer. This is as close as I know without going deep into specifics.

Edit: I think your best bet if you have a CQB-R is to use what you have, replace the RAS and triangle sight with a lopro gas block and fit a madbull DD RIS II rail on the front. Add on a SOPMOD stock if you don't already have one and you will be in business. A SOPMOD stock isn't really necessary though.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.

Last edited by OM3GA; December 20th, 2012 at 02:08..
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 02:27   #4
horto

AEG differences:

M4 cqbr - for noobs, first (stock) gun. No upgrades. Rattling hicaps.
Mk18 mod 0 - ultra reliable semi custom that keeps on going. First try at paint jobs. Triangle sights ftw.
Mk18 mod 1 - upgraded to the hilt blaster for gear whores, seal wannabes, guys with too much money, fancy RS optics, nvgs and no kids. Sometimes has never seen a game, either hanging on the wall or always on the workbench.

RS differences: See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOPMOD

Last edited by horto; December 20th, 2012 at 02:33..
horto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 09:22   #5
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horto View Post
AEG differences:

Mk18 mod 0 - ultra reliable semi custom that keeps on going. First try at paint jobs. Triangle sights ftw.
Mk18 mod 1 - upgraded to the hilt blaster for gear whores, seal wannabes, guys with too much money, fancy RS optics, nvgs and no kids. Sometimes has never seen a game, either hanging on the wall or always on the workbench.

That's pretty accurate actually.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 09:44   #6
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Quote:
AEG differences:

Really like that

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 01:27   #7
nstahl.19

Ah, well thanks guys, got an understanding of the whole MK thing.
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:35   #8
Eien

Quote:
AEG differences:

Well, excuse me for being a gear whore :P
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:43   #9
Cifyra
Iskaryot

http://www.airsoft-barracks.com/foru...mk18-and-cqbr/

You're welcome
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:41   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

does it pew pew any better?
Old December 22nd, 2012, 00:59   #11
HackD

OP is trying to illicit information that is available on google images.. It takes a bit, but there are several common 'poster' images that give a good idea of the components used in each M4 MK18 mod variation.

That said, the term CQBR (close-quarters battle rifle) is a generic term in the world of airsoft, it generally refers to any short-barreled battle-rifle/machine pistol design. I count my M4 10.3" CQBR in this class, as it is not modeled after any particular setup, but by my own ergonomic and aesthetic taste.

MK18 airsoft versions are replicas of actual real=steel close quarters battle rifles, built to government contract spec.

A whole degree of commitment and attention to detail, differentiates the varous versions of Mk18mod*, and 'CQBR'.. as far as airsoft goes.

IMHO..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications