Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I'm new to airsoft and have some questions

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 29th, 2016, 18:12   #16
Hawkeye360

I just came across the G&G CM16 SRXL for $289.99. More decisions.
Hawkeye360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 18:25   #17
Jaeger_CDN

LOL, you could spend the next two weeks debating between models. I was the same way as well as watching countless youtube reviews.

I'd suggest heading down to your local field or store and putting your hands on a few different models (while you're at it try and meet up with someone to age verify you to see the ASC want ads )

As for BBs, I suggest most any brand sold in a dedicated airsoft store. Stay away from the Canadian Tire/Wal-Mart brands as they do nothing nice to your barrels.
Jaeger_CDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 20:16   #18
amano999

If you really like airsoft it won't matter what your first gun is. You will keep getting new ones and then see another cooler one...........

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 20:17   #19
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

The G&G CM (Combat Machine) line have polymer receivers. $300 for a plastic bodied gun!?!... you better not!... It's a no brainer, VFC is easily worth the extra cash. The VFC classic VR16 is only $10 more, for WAY more gun. A rail is easy to get. Getting a quality metal receiver like VFC, is going to cost you. The VFC gives you a quality receiver and gearbox to build from as you progress, the G&G will not.

Like Bio said, if you're comfortable changing the rail yourself, get the Classic ($310), get the exact rail you want, and you're laughing. Depending on what rail you get, you'll probably be under the cost of the Saber. If you're not comfortable swapping out the rail, get the Saber and don't look back. The pistol grip, the stock, the rail, these can all be swapped out as desired.

You could save a bit of cash if you get the CQB version of the Saber, it's much easier to maneuver in tight spaces. In airsoft, 4" of barrel doesn't really affect range or accuracy.

Last edited by Kozzie; March 30th, 2016 at 18:59..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 22:55   #20
Hawkeye360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
The G&G CM (Combat Machine) line have polymer receivers. $300 for a plastic bodied gun!?!... you better not!... It's a no brainer, VFC is easily worth the extra cash. The VFC classic VR16 is only $10 more, and the fighter is only $50 more, for WAY more gun. A rail is easy to get. Getting a quality metal receiver like VFC, is going to cost you. The VFC gives you a quality receiver and gearbox to build from as you progress, the G&G will not.

Like Bio said, if you're comfortable changing the rail yourself, get the Classic ($310), get the exact rail you want, and you're laughing. Depending on what rail you get, you'll probably be under the cost of the Saber. If you're not comfortable swapping out the rail, get the Saber and don't look back. The pistol grip, the stock, the rail, these can all be swapped out as desired.

You could save a bit of cash if you get the CQB version of the Saber, it's much easier to maneuver in tight spaces. In airsoft, 4" of barrel doesn't really affect range or accuracy.
Ok I think I will get the VFC Saber, I really like the longer barrel version however, will probably get that.

As for BBs, I'm having trouble finding .30 bio BBs. I seem to always come across .28 and .32.

I have seen these .30s, but not much else.

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 29th, 2016 at 23:02..
Old March 29th, 2016, 23:39   #21
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye360 View Post
I really like the VFC VR16 Saber, especially if it's only just over $100 more than the G&G CM16 SRXL. I think it's worth it, would seem like it is based on replies here and what I've seen.

As for BBs, if I were unable to find .30 bios, would .32 be fine?
UTC has them in stock.. .30 - 4000 rnd for 22.5; might as well add them to your order.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 23:50   #22
BioRage

anyways, this is my vfc saber cqb, budget build.

sold the original flip up sights, stock, flash hider.

put on some vfc micro kac flip up sights, mft, asap, x300, and removed my optics.

Old March 30th, 2016, 00:02   #23
Hawkeye360

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
UTC has them in stock.. .30 - 4000 rnd for 22.5; might as well add them to your order.
Missed those somehow lol.

I assume Bioval is a good brand?
Old March 30th, 2016, 01:13   #24
BioRage

Used them for 2 seasons, no problem from my end
Old March 30th, 2016, 10:52   #25
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Another testament to your ability to upgrade a VR16:

I went from this:

to this:

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 12:26   #26
Hawkeye360

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Another testament to your ability to upgrade a VR16:

I went from this:

to this:
O_O

Very cool! Which model VFC is that exactly?
Old March 30th, 2016, 13:16   #27
BioRage

Quote:
O_O

Very cool! Which model VFC is that exactly?
It's the one he had above in the image..

he just put a PTS CMR rail; surefire break; MBUS rear+front sights; MFT stock; fagpul grip, and a t1 clone.
Old March 30th, 2016, 13:23   #28
Hawkeye360

Quote:
It's the one he had above in the image..

he just put a PTS CMR rail; surefire break; MBUS rear+front sights; MFT stock; fagpul grip, and a t1 clone.
Looks like it is the Fighter CQB 1 to be exact, at least that's what the picture URL says.

By the way, what would be a good battery for the VFC VR16 Saber? Another area I am not too familiar with.
Old March 30th, 2016, 13:30   #29
BioRage

Quote:
Looks like it is the Fighter CQB 1 to be exact, at least that's what the picture URL says.

By the way, what would be a good battery for the VFC VR16 Saber? Another area I am not too familiar with.
11.1v lipo - hobby king be your best bit - Turnigy best brand, and smart charger.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SOFT_Pack.html

Yes, that's a VR16 fighter, but if u are going to build something like a new rail, etc. just get the carbine for 300, and buy a new rail $80-1xx.

plenty of options mate, just decide what you want.
Old March 30th, 2016, 13:38   #30
Hawkeye360

Quote:
11.1v lipo - hobby king be your best bit - Turnigy best brand, and smart charger.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SOFT_Pack.html

Yes, that's a VR16 fighter, but if u are going to build something like a new rail, etc. just get the carbine for 300, and buy a new rail $80-1xx.

plenty of options mate, just decide what you want.
Ok good to know thank you. Was wondering about battery brands as well, thanks. I really like VFC VR16 Saber (long version) and will most likely choose it. Is hobbyking a US based store? I found the same battery on UCT for $24-$28 depending on the MAH, and one has 3 sticks, which I imagine wouldn't fit in the gun, or maybe it would?

Is a PEQ box something I should consider purchasing as well? Seems like they hold batteries and help extend battery life I think?

Sorry for so many questions but I like to know what's good or not before I buy.

Last edited by Hawkeye360; March 30th, 2016 at 13:51..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank