Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Requirements question!

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 6th, 2013, 20:19   #1
V-34

Smile Requirements question!

Hello!

Im a new player in the airsoft scene after switching from paintball to airsoft ive seen the prices decrease in airsoft guns and saw numerous events popping up I wanted to take the more milsim aspect which is my favorite aspect and I was just curious about the whole age issue since im 17 and a lot of these events seem to be 18+ can I have parental consent and be able to play? or what if I have an 18 year old friend of mine take responsibility for me? Is that good enough or? I was talking to Eeyore about the whole situation and he told me to post it on here! so let me know guys or gals!

-Corey
V-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 20:24   #2
nichtessen

Most games are 18+. doesn't stop you from going to a non private game to play for now. Some hosts will let you paly with parental consent, or if your parent is playing on field too. It's really up to the hosts tho.
Old May 6th, 2013, 20:35   #3
V-34

Alright! Thank you for the speedy reply
Old May 6th, 2013, 20:43   #4
Drake
E-01

Corey,

seeing as you appear to be from the Montreal area, here's a more local-specific info: the quasi totality of games posted on ASC for Quebec are 18+. There are a few groups (on FB) that allow minors, although at least one is in very bad standing with the rest of the community (AisoftQc). So while you might be able to play with them, they may not be the best people to associate with; and the association with them may even come back to haunt you when you do turn 18. Not to mention they aren't exactly milsim -minded. (kudos to you for your interest in milsim, btw!)

The alternative is wait it out. You may be able to find some boot camps etc that allow 17 y.o. players (we did one a few years back with several 17 YOs), some organizers may allow you to play after that. If nothing else you'll get yourself known, earn the respect of the community for waiting and following the rules and I guarantee when you turn 18 you'll be welcomed warmly.

Depending on how serious you are about milsim, it's also a good opportunity to save up for gear and stuff.
Old May 6th, 2013, 21:24   #5
V-34

Hi Drake! Thank you for the warm welcome and info! Im already all kitted from Boots to Ops-Core helmet I just need a place to play, I Understand that you have to be 18 To play and I will have to wait an A while to play but it will be worth it, and Drake, Seeing you are in the MTL area I would like to know if there are any ... Hardcore Milsim teams?

Last edited by V-34; May 6th, 2013 at 21:56..
Old May 6th, 2013, 21:50   #6
Deadpool

Hint: Check under his sig...

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 00:18   #7
L473ncy

Good start, well thought out introduction. Drake has more regional/local information for you so I won't step on the territory there. Just wait it out and you'll be fine but I can tell from your first post that you're different from 99% of the "I'm totally into hardcore milsim game" minors that come onto the forums (usually around this time of year too because school is just letting out).

Just lay low, buy your gucci gear, get AV'ed on your 18th birthday, and go out and play some games.

Typically proper 24hr+ milsim games are few and far between, most of the time you'll be playing daysims and shorter objective based games if you're into "milsim". There are some woodsball and "run and gun" games but if you don't like that kind of play then just don't go to games that are focused on that.

Last edited by L473ncy; May 7th, 2013 at 00:21..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:10   #8
V-34

L473ny, Thank you for the wise words of wisdom! I just cant wait to get out there with people who actually play seriously (Unlike paintball) I think this is the most ive been excited to play a milsim game for now ill start putting money aside for the KJ works M4A1 I saw at a local shop.. I do work so it shouldnt take that long!
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:20   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Nice to see a "noob" not being noobish for a change. welcome to ASC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:49   #10
V-34

Thank you Hectic!
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:49   #11
Nickaayyy

Welcome to ASC my friend, maybe we shall see eachother on the field when you'll be 18 (im from MTL too :P).

I was from paintball too and changed for the realism of airsoft. If you have the patience and a lot of love to give to a gun (and cash XD), look at gas gun!! Got one and im pretty happy with it (but AEG are more "noob friendly" i admit)
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:53   #12
V-34

Hey Nick! I have the same sidearm as you.. And im trying to save up for a WE tech! Im pretty jealous of you 416, Its my favorite gun.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:05   #13
Nickaayyy

Just got it friday and tried it this weekend and I dont regret. Have to adjust my hop-up thought, my pistol was more accurate XD. It's a damn good pistol, didn't have any issue in year and it was my main last summer. Just sad I didnt find a way to lower is FPS (damn CO²...)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank