Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Newer Urban Camo

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 24th, 2011, 11:10   #121
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
I like SORD's stuff, I'll be getting a few things from them (probably gonna pickup their lightweight BDU's in ATACS). I wish I had some spare cash to pickup the Smock though, that thing looks absolutely badass!

Their customizable SCS Vest System is just super smart and I'd totally be down with that, lol.

Last edited by Firewalker; April 24th, 2011 at 11:13..
Firewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 14:47   #122
Eien

Damn if I knew about SORD products, I would of bought it instantly... instead of the plater carrier I got from TAG I really dig their SCS vest system.

Seems like alot of stuff they sell are used by aussies soldiers.
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 15:15   #123
Donster

how does ATAC work in deciduous forest? I can attest to MC's ability to turn me invisible, but is ATAC any good?
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 16:07   #124
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
ATACS works better in grasslands than woodlands (I know that it works decently in coniferous forests due to the brown ground and bark). However, later this year DCS will be releasing a woodland variation of ATACS. I'm supposed to get some fabric samples when it's made.

I'll be doing some multi-environment testing with my set once I get it in. Manitoba has a good variation of environments so I'll try and take some pictures in each environment.

As for SORD, a majority of their designs are done with former Australian Special Forces and former US Special Forces guys. I'll be getting a couple of utility pouches from them. Ill be getting my ammo pouches from OC Tactical though, because they kick ass.

http://www.octactical.com

They also do ATACS nametapes.
Old April 24th, 2011, 16:22   #125
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
ATACS works better in grasslands than woodlands (I know that it works decently in coniferous forests due to the brown ground and bark). However, later this year DCS will be releasing a woodland variation of ATACS. I'm supposed to get some fabric samples when it's made.

I'll be doing some multi-environment testing with my set once I get it in. Manitoba has a good variation of environments so I'll try and take some pictures in each environment.

As for SORD, a majority of their designs are done with former Australian Special Forces and former US Special Forces guys. I'll be getting a couple of utility pouches from them. Ill be getting my ammo pouches from OC Tactical.

http://www.octactical.com

They also do ATACS nametapes.
i wouldn't be surprised if the woodland ATACs is just their pattern with a MC color scheme.

still, based on what im seeing and hearing with regards to ATAC, i think ill stick with MC for the time being. It is more versatile and works amazingly well in forests and as far as im concerned, works well in grassland.

Just ask ShaDow. When i was doing my sniper certification course, he said he lost sight of me many-a times because of my MC.
Old April 24th, 2011, 16:38   #126
Firewalker

The testing that ITS Tactical did with the camos showed that ATACS and multicam performed about equally. So I'll try and do some similar testing once my equipment shows up. Then we'll have a good collection of data regarding the efficacy of ATACS in our greener environments.

All I know is that UCP sucks balls lol.
Old April 24th, 2011, 18:11   #127
Donster

Quote:
The testing that ITS Tactical did with the camos showed that ATACS and multicam performed about equally. So I'll try and do some similar testing once my equipment shows up. Then we'll have a good collection of data regarding the efficacy of ATACS in our greener environments.

All I know is that UCP sucks balls lol.
that's all i care about
Old April 24th, 2011, 18:21   #128
Firewalker

Just read that 1800nametapes will have ATACS nametapes by the end of the month! Awesome!
Old April 24th, 2011, 19:11   #129
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Good! I feel weird using my MC nametag even if it works well.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 19:33   #130
Viperfish

So I was talking with Lisa at Condor on fri and it turns out they are doing a full run of ATACS as well. they already have a ATACS section on there site!

This means lots of pouches and carriers at inexpensive prices!

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 20:15   #131
Firewalker

I've got mixed feelings about condor stuff. Their padded combat belt has proven to be nearly bombproof, but their radio pouch is starting to fall apart. I'd probably get the padded molle belt in ATACS.

I'll get the tear away FAK though!
Old April 24th, 2011, 20:59   #132
Viperfish

Quote:
I've got mixed feelings about condor stuff. Their padded combat belt has proven to be nearly bombproof, but their radio pouch is starting to fall apart. I'd probably get the padded molle belt in ATACS.

I'll get the tear away FAK though!
im all for the condor gear, all of the stuff thats come through my store has been great, but hell even if a pouch fails its not the end of the world cus of how in expensive it is.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 21:32   #133
Firewalker

I'm getting some custom stuff done with a lifetime warranty. Lifetime warranty = assured quality and free repairs/ replacements. I'd rather spend a bit extra on quality rather than buying disposable gear.
Old April 24th, 2011, 22:30   #134
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Amen to that.

Especially now that more and more people have GBBR : the mags don't like falling on the ground, rock, etc.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 22:38   #135
hulubulu

I am all for lifetime warranty. I like to buy things once and pay a fair price then three times just to be cheap about it. Plus it generally looks better with finer material. I was reading up on the Ares combat pack and they guarantee their products. I have read some things about different companies just jumping on the A-TACS bandwagon but not putting any thought into their work.
hulubulu is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion