Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

bringing camera to the fields for recon

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old September 16th, 2009, 20:19   #16
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
it pissed me off, because someone who was the medic at one of our skirmishes ended up being the camera man, and so when ever he got shot he wouldn't call his hits because he was the "camera man" but at the same time he was walking around acting as the medic. and after all that he got something like 10 pictures during the entire game.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 20:29   #17
Con Murder

Camera guy got shot last game by me, I even knew it was him... But the last game was intense and he had been my enemy, we were getting rushed and I shot all 'eneemies' including the last games enemy... Ya he was pissed. But he had a shemag around it for protection.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 20:35   #18
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

I wear a bright jacket and usually have something blinking. I also make it very oblivious i'm a non combatant when i'm walking around and taking photo's.

Some people still shoot, they are the one's with bad trigger control.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 20:46   #19
Con Murder

Hey ya I was a little jumpy on the trigger but he was right behind four units rushing, with the same gear he was wearing the game before... My bad but ya, close call and I'm paying attention from now on.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 21:49   #20
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
Hey ya I was a little jumpy on the trigger but he was right behind four units rushing, with the same gear he was wearing the game before... My bad but ya, close call and I'm paying attention from now on.
If he is wearing camo... meh his fault.

What i always do is wear bright colors + stay away from players. If i follow them i'll do that on the side or away from where i know action is going to happen. I want to take action photos, not be in the action (at least when i'm taking photos)

But you can do the max to show you aren't playing, and you will still be shot. Heck i had talks with a couple people that thought it was fun to shoot the photographers. I explained to them how much it would cost them in repairs for having 'that' fun.
Old September 16th, 2009, 23:27   #21
lupo

Ive got an old olympus D-510 that takes pretty good pics. It fits perfectly in a TT triple m16 mag pouch and Ive used it in games before. I cant remember completely but I think Ive taken a few decent shots through the scope during games for recce photos.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:04   #22
MillerBRo

I know of a few guys who run GunCam footage and I have made 'armoured' boxes for my own video cameras so we use them as Guncams or stationary cams etc. and they dont take abuse (made of puckboard and squash lenses over the camera lens).

At our field if a camera man doesnt want to get hit he marks himself with yellow and stays the hell out of the way of combat. Like a good Ref at a game he shouldnt restrict the play in any way if he doesnt want to be near BBs.

If a camera man doesnt care he can mark himself with a killrag and walk the field anywhere but he understands that if he is hit its his own fault.

That said we can get some really good game footage when we have 3-5 camera guys recording a scenario.
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 21:36   #23
|^KKW^|lOnelyCot-_-
Banned

I remember the first day I got recon. I was in the same position as you. My buddy next to me, sniping, PWNING the noobs as we would say, me looking out, someone coming up behind us, "surrender" he says, he turn around quickly to blast, we get shot. Oh yes, I remember it all to well like it was yesterday. To this say, I still find recon nerve-racking. One day me an my friends decided we want to film a battle. Well, running with a gun+getting shot at=Camera dropping. I brought a head camera. I recorded a video, was pretty cool. But, one of my friends stepped on his (luckily it was a cheap film one), and my other friend tried to take a picture, but a sniper ended up shooting him in the hand and the camera...Yeah, apparently holding an ak to your face when you are just trying to adjust the lense while aiming at a sniper but not knowing it, is not a very bright idea (go figure **says scarcastically**).

So yes, I have had experience, and if you have a bad camera, and are focusing your time more on the game than the camera, than you should be fine.
|^KKW^|lOnelyCot-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 22:51   #24
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
When I'm filming be it either stills or video footage I do not wear anything reflective or as a marker. I like to be right in the action to get the best shots,and being shot or shot at is the price paid for being the combat photographer. I also bring my camera's onto the field knowing full well the risk's involved as should anyone else who does the same.

http://www.filefront.com/9482602/com...respondent.wmv
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 17:16   #25
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by six4 View Post
When I'm filming be it either stills or video footage I do not wear anything reflective or as a marker. I like to be right in the action to get the best shots,and being shot or shot at is the price paid for being the combat photographer. I also bring my camera's onto the field knowing full well the risk's involved as should anyone else who does the same.

http://www.filefront.com/9482602/com...respondent.wmv
You do realize they do NOT want to be shot at. Let it be airsoft or real photojournalism.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures