Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

They are ours.

:

Canadian

Old February 4th, 2007, 08:57   #31
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
my bad blinky.
but they are in the system with a certain unit (the 226 that is)
Greg
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 16:22   #32
Snake Eyes

damn those r some awesome pictures!

B.A. Level 3 Cert.
Close to becoming a full on WEtard.
Your honour is your life, let none dispute it.
Sow the seeds of damnation, and I shall reap the souls of the tainted!
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:19   #33
lordosborne

hey lerch. I'm guessing the jacket might be aftermarket. thankfully, despite the usual lack of funds, my unit is getting their old OD "goretex" jackets exchanged for the CADPAT versions. I've never had the chance to check out the cadpat raingear, so i don't know 100% what it should look like. I opt to eschew the issued rubberized OD crap in favour of a stealth suit.
lordosborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 18:13   #34
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
the chair force rain jacket is slick, I've been trying to bribe people for a while now.
though the cadpat rain gear in the ghan is pretty slick apparently.
I knew the boys that did the T&E in 1RCR for the cadpat rain gear, looked pretty good, but of course it'll never look that way.
Greg
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 12:01   #35
Erik2

Would anybody be able to identify the rig that is being worn by the guy cocking the Sig?
Erik2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 16:57   #36
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120
Blackhawk STRIKE modular vest with various pouches (probably also from Blackhawk, the colours match up perfectly).

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 19:49   #37
mctaz
Primo Italiano

no one see pocket on arms of LTWT shirt?

for me is new beautiful news McTaz
mctaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 20:03   #38
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Oh mctaz..you've gotta come around more often..even I've got arm pockets on my LTWT
Old February 6th, 2007, 20:12   #39
philstructo

sweet pics i cant tell who they are tho
philstructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 17:25   #40
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
Oh mctaz..you've gotta come around more often..even I've got arm pockets on my LTWT
Lerch,
this for me is new, i stop to see cadpat items about 1 years ago, now i'm in auscam period.

only to know is user modify or is new version of uniform?

Photo is more beautifull but i understend that your (all) troups have problem about friendly fire (extensive use of IR flag and/or IR reflective)

McTaz

Last edited by mctaz; February 7th, 2007 at 17:27..
Old February 7th, 2007, 17:55   #41
lordosborne

If you're asking about arm pockets to the combat shirt, They are a private expense and an in-theatre modification. Usually the shirts are modified by removing the internal chest pocket and sewing it onto the shoulders, although the fasteners differ (button, velcro etc). the arm patch for velcro IR patches and IR canadian flags is also a private mod.

back in canada, we're hoping to see these mods become standard on the TW uniform, because they do make a lot of sense and they reflect the changing nature of war. However, some recent reports i've read have put a damper on that.. our uniforms are the same cut as the 1984 pattern OD. only the material and the print has changed.
Old February 7th, 2007, 18:22   #42
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordosborne View Post
If you're asking about arm pockets to the combat shirt, They are a private expense and an in-theatre modification. Usually the shirts are modified by removing the internal chest pocket and sewing it onto the shoulders, although the fasteners differ (button, velcro etc). the arm patch for velcro IR patches and IR canadian flags is also a private mod.

back in canada, we're hoping to see these mods become standard on the TW uniform, because they do make a lot of sense and they reflect the changing nature of war. However, some recent reports i've read have put a damper on that.. our uniforms are the same cut as the 1984 pattern OD. only the material and the print has changed.
It isn't identical to the old ODs actually, IIRC the breat pockets are slightly larger, along with other slight differences...

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 00:05   #43
lordosborne

You're right, goldman. the design is different (no epaulettes, plus a velcro attachment for flag patches), but the general cut is more or less the same. Either way, it's a legacy design. the breast pocket design goes way back to the 1954 pattern uniforms, back when someone decided not to produce any magazine pouches for the current webbing at the time. soldiers had to carry their FNC1 magazines in their shirt pockets!
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:36   #44
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Yup, and the chest pockets were the exact same up to the Gen2 shirts. Finally they caught up with the times and reshaped the pockets to fit C7 magazines on the Gen3.

Oh, and the arm pockets come from the waist pocket

Last edited by Lerch; February 8th, 2007 at 01:40..
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 19:32   #45
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordosborne View Post

Thanks lordsborne for explane, i newer see before pocket on arms in your army items (i see in US, Australian...... and this is standard) and i want understend.

About extensive use of IR tag and IR flag is not only for your army, i see that all country soldiers use this and i think this is made for easy acknowledgment in nigth combat situation

McTaz
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian