Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Licenced Sig Sauer P226 GBB, know anything about them?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 14th, 2008, 00:54   #1
nic_s

Question Licenced Sig Sauer P226 GBB, know anything about them?

I'm looking at one for sale on a local board.

Quote:
This is the OFFICIAL P226 airsoft GBB from Sig Sauer. Its the same as the KJW P226, but this has full trademarks. Item is brand new, just brought in today. Be the first owner! Has not even been shot yet.
-extremely heavy, like the real steel (I have handled the real steel before)
Anyone have any experience with these? All input appreciated.
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:27   #2
jesster202

I don’t know anything about the p226 but i know that kjw does make and do a good job making gbbs and they do feel nice. i have read around that the newer vs is tm mags work in it but again i don’t know iv only read. also they look nice for the money. the only experience that I have had with kjw is owning their m92fs and it hasn’t failed me once.
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS

Last edited by jesster202; April 14th, 2008 at 18:12..
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:15   #3
Captain Tenneal
Formerly Muffinman

IIRC, there's only one official Sig-Sauer P226, however it's still unknown if it's actually the KJW. There are some distinct differences between the two.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper...FMCV_srch_P226 (KJW version)
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=177 (The official Sig Sauer one, it might be the same, but it does indeed look different, plus the MSRP is really out of whack if it is.)

If it IS the KJW version, then it's the usual Taiwanese knockoff that's cheaply FMU'd. The KJW marking ones are a bit better than their last efforts to manufacture knockoff GBB's, yet it's still a knockoff and certain problems with their pot metal components still arise. The safety/takedown lever is known to wear down, and once again, hammers are still known to wear fast and of course, incompatibility with existing magazines.

They're okay if you want a cheap FMU handgun.
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:18   #4
nic_s

Looking at the pictures, the one for sale is definitely the official one. It looks well built, but the box of BBs it comes with says KJW.
Old April 14th, 2008, 09:36   #5
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesster202 View Post
i dont know anythign aobut the p226 but i know that kjw does make and do a good job makign gbbs and they do feel nice. i have read around that the newr vs is tm mags work in it but agian i dont knwo iv only read. also thye look nice for the money. the only exprice that i have with kjw is ownign their m92fs and it hasnt failed me once.
I got a headache trying to read this -.-
Please do your research first jesster202

KJW P226 is known to have many issues. From internal parts snapping off with propane use as well as mag issues. KJW mags use Single flow valves, which makes it easy for users to overfill the mags and not know it, while TM mags, are double flow valves, releasing gas when a user overfills it to protect the valve and seals. Furthermore, KJW Mags are little more than a casing around a brass tube. Yes it comes with a metal body, but the quality on the KJW 226 internals is garbage in comparison to TM Internals). I would know as i have had 3 KJW 226s on my work bench within the last month alone. Furthermore, the metal slide is a cheap metal (Captain Tenneal got this BANG ON) while if you get a TM 226 (which 95% of the aftermarket 226 parts are designed to fit) and get a creation slide. You will have Superior unmatched quality with both internals and externals. Everyone ive known who owns a KJW GBB has had issues (especially mag issues) several times a year. TM and KJW prices are roughly the same... Do yourself a favor and get the TM and spring for the the metal kit. There are numerous posts and reviews and comparisons SPECIFICALLY for the TM 226 vs KJW 226 and they back my findings 100%.

Use the Search Button jesster
i know im comming off a little hard with this, but damn it this has been discussed to DEATH and bloodsport himself has been personally telling the last 4 posts about this topic to use the search button.

/end rant

with a quick search i found the following threads
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...highlight=P226
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...highlight=P226

nic_s, KJW also makes Full Trade P226s, as well as the fact that asthetically, KSC, TM, KJW, etc P226s look pretty much identical in the pictures. Its very difficult (Unless you have 2 side by side in person) to notice any real difference or recognise the brand from a picture. The best way is to look at the weight, the magwell size (as TM and KJW's magwells are different sizes) as well as hidden internal manufacturer markings.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns

Last edited by DarkAngel; April 14th, 2008 at 10:11..
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:55   #6
The Saint

I'd disagree. My KJW P229 has only had one real problem, which was the internal hammer snapping. I've read plenty of TM P226 doing that at well, which would suggest it's a TM design problem. No other wear issues that the TM doesn't also experience. Actually, I've seen no wear with the take down lever as of yet.

Meanwhile, I've had to fix a stock TM P226 because its stock piston head murdered its stock loading nozzle spring.

All GBB mags are just metal casings around a some tubes, that's hardly a fair criticism. If I were to criticize the KJW SIG mags for anything other than the fill valve issues, which has already been mentioned, it would be the gas valves. TM valves are always more reliable than those of the clones.

Another problem with KJW SIGs is poor outer barrel to slide fit, causing the rounds to hit low. Nothing a little ingenuity wouldn't fix.

Ultimately, it's really up to one's budget IMO. I think both TM and KJW SIGs are more or less equally competent gaming guns. If one is going to take a TM and put a metal frame on it right off the bat, though, I wouldn't even buy the TM. I'd just buy the TM parts I need.
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:24   #7
sigsour

What does "FMU" mean? Thanks.
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:33   #8
Crunchmeister

2000+ rounds out of my well-maintainted KJW M9, and I'm still waiting to encounter these horrible, regular-basis problems that so many people tell me happen to these things right out of the box... I've had 1 mag fail on my so far, but otherwise, everything else is perfect. The gun shoots straight and hard. Never had it jam, stop, malfunction, misfire, etc (can't say the same for my TM 226).
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:40   #9
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsour View Post
What does "FMU" mean? Thanks.
Full Metal Unit: All major parts of the gun are metal where it should be on the real steel version.
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:25   #10
DarkAngel

Tm does have its issues yes, but reliability studys in the past have clearly shown less issues with TM in comparision to KJW. Try firing my sig at the game saint, ull know what i mean. TM feels more solid on its shots, better distance and accuracy as well.

Its like comparing JG to TM.

one is a cheaper brand, in this case it sports a metal body, while the other has better performance and reliability

Last edited by DarkAngel; April 14th, 2008 at 13:00..
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:37   #11
The Saint

Is your TM metal? Because it's not really useful to compare a KJW that comes metal and a TM that's been upgraded. The prices are way off. If you're going to spend that much on a KJW (which you wouldn't, that's completely opposite the point of a KJW), you'd probably get the same results as well.

If you mean a stock TM SIG, I'm quite familiar with how it shoots. I wouldn't say it shoots better than a KJW or worse, just different.

Somehow I'd doubt your TM shoots better than my KJW, unless you've got high flow valves on your mag. My KJW has upgraded internals.
Old April 14th, 2008, 13:10   #12
DarkAngel

uh oh, looks like im sleeping on the couch today

You make good points, and yea, i havent got high flows on my sig, but the point im trying to make is that kjw and TM both stock, TM has better internals and mags. If you never plan on getting a proper high quality metal kit, and u dont plan to ever upgrade ur 226, then kjw has the better "value" for your buck.

Old April 14th, 2008, 16:20   #13
jerryliang2k

Send a message via MSN to jerryliang2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
2000+ rounds out of my well-maintainted KJW M9, and I'm still waiting to encounter these horrible, regular-basis problems that so many people tell me happen to these things right out of the box... I've had 1 mag fail on my so far, but otherwise, everything else is perfect. The gun shoots straight and hard. Never had it jam, stop, malfunction, misfire, etc (can't say the same for my TM 226).
+ 1

I've abused my KJW M9 elite like crazy. It's been through rain, snow, mud, dust and still shoots like a dream. Smooth action and no leaks! I've never had a KJW P226 before but if its anything like their M9s, then I'd vouch for it.

Sidearms
- KWA G18c
- WE 1911
jerryliang2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 16:41   #14
DarkAngel

KJW M9 has less issues than their 226, their m9 model isnt too bad

Old April 14th, 2008, 16:54   #15
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesster202 View Post
i dont know anythign aobut the p226 but i know that kjw does make and do a good job makign gbbs and they do feel nice. i have read around that the newr vs is tm mags work in it but agian i dont knwo iv only read. also thye look nice for the money. the only exprice that i have with kjw is ownign their m92fs and it hasnt failed me once.
...what?

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion