Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I give you, Milsim! (A conseptual event)

:

General

Old August 25th, 2010, 18:05   #1
Andrew Lee

I give you, Milsim! (A conseptual event)

Before reading the title seems it may be misleading for some people. I know milsim has been around forever and events like this are hosted all the time, this was just an idea I thought could be fun.

*UPDATE* There are some pictures of the field in question on page 2.

Ok so I was sitting around thinking of an idea for a fun big milsim event that we could have here in Canada. Anyway in my free time I play a game called Project Reality, and in it there is a gametype called "Insurgency Mode" Basically the rules are, the "Soldier team" has to seek and destroy weapons caches that are hidden around the map, and being defended by the "Insurgent team". This got me thinking, why not airsoft?

I wrote up these rules in about 15 minutes, so they are not bound in stone by anymeans, any suggestions are appreciated. Here they are:
Operation Insurgency.pdf

However, here is the best part. I have the perfect place in mind where it could be played, besides the fact that it is not a real airsoft field or paintball field, just a private property that is owned by my Grandfather and my Dad for their business. It's wayyy away from civilization and its actually gigantic. I will be posting some pictures of the property tomorrow. It has a good mixture of forresty areas, open fields, and also sand dunes etc.

Anyway it would be alot of work to host this game, sure, but imagine the pure epicness of how much fun it would be. Anyway, tell me what you think.

EDIT**I need to include that this is just and IDEA. I don't have any plans on actually hosting it. This was just meant as an idea for maybe something that could be hosted down the line or by someone else.

I also understand that there is other big milsim games etc etc, I know and I do browse the events section waiting for the day I will be old enough to attend myself (;P).

Last edited by Andrew Lee; August 26th, 2010 at 13:53.. Reason: update
Andrew Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:07   #2
Andrew Lee

So I deffinetly spelled "Conceptual" wrong in the thread title. My bad, the product of typing too fast.
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:07   #3
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned

There are games like that played already. Also, just curious, how old are you?
Diabolic Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:13   #4
Forever_kaos

I applaud your efforts so far, seems like you are putting some general decent thought into this.

But I am wondering one thing; have you attended any 'official' / ASC posted events / ASC Milsims in the past/present?
Reason I am asking, is you can really learn alot from players/games.
To boot there has been a few "Would be" hosts (IMO) which have failed miserably in the past due to lack of experience in the hosting/Airsoft world.

Last edited by Forever_kaos; August 25th, 2010 at 18:17..
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:17   #5
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Andrew have a look around the game and events section and the after action section. a lot of fields run scenario based games as opposed to simple skirmishes theres even a group in ontario dedicated entirely to WW2 reeenactment. those threads might help give you ideas to improve your scenario

Milsim as a whole is hardly a new concept but at least this got the wheels spinning for you. if you can maybe refine the idea and get people interested in your scenario then maybe you can find a game host in your area whos already been doing this for a while to help set things up.

Just a thought take it for what its worth.

Reading your PDF now will edit in my opinion
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:18   #6
Andrew Lee

No I havn't been to any as of yet, I'm not old enough yet. This was just an idea, and I have no plans on hosting it now, because I'm only 16 and like you said it would "fail miserably". I know that, this is just a quick thing I thought could be fun to try sometime down the line. I understand that there is a 100% chance someone has already played an airsoft game like this, but I do have access to a very good area that could be used to play, that's why I posted. Like I said, I will be posting some pics soon, as when I get older I hope to try to host some maybe smaller games there. Thanks for the feedback guys, it is appreciated.
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:26   #7
Bowers

Five medics seems high unless your planning a shit ton of people.. How many players do you plan on each team? with the reference of FOBs and vehicles this place must be huge any chance we can get a google maps view?
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:29   #8
Andrew Lee

yeah five medics may be high, it was just a number I came up with off the top of my head. When I originally wrote the rules, it was lower, and then I changed them to rules for a paintball milsim event. I changed all the numbers because I anticipated that way more people would be there. Anyway none of those numbers are like set numbers, they could all be changed as none of them are probably right anyway.

EDIT** I will get a pic of the field from google maps.
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:42   #9
Andrew Lee

here is the field in question on google maps. This is zoomed out a bit. There isn't much for scale except the hanger which is the building you see. For scale that is roughly the size of two medium sized garages.

Untitled copy.jpg
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:43   #10
Bowers

So wait that entire area is your property from the paintball field up to the pond?
Old August 25th, 2010, 18:45   #11
Andrew Lee

Yes, now it cuts off a bit at the sides, also there are a few more trees now, as the picture is a wee bit out of date. It cuts off where there is that large farmer field like area to the right, and also to the left you can see a line that goes down from top to bottom. Past that is not ours either, but it is still a big chunk of land. My dad and grandpa own a small construction and gravel business so this is where they get their gravel and sand. EDIT*It's sort of hard to get a feel for what it looks like exactly from that picture, so I am going to go up there tomorrow and take some pictures with a digital camera. Like I said before we don't own all of the land pictured, it does cut off at the sides and if a game were to be held tape would need to be put up for boundaries because when you are out there it's hard to tell if you are off property or not.

Last edited by Andrew Lee; August 25th, 2010 at 18:51..
Old August 25th, 2010, 19:06   #12
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
Where is this game located? Keep in mind your location depends on the amount of players that show up.
PaddMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 19:16   #13
Andrew Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddMadd View Post
Where is this game located? Keep in mind your location depends on the amount of players that show up.
It would be located in Ontario, outside Owen Sound. So not that well known of an area there would be some advertising required.
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:36   #14
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Do you have insurance that would cover us?
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:20   #15
Andrew Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Do you have insurance that would cover us?
I think so, I mean they must have insurance for it if they operated heavy machinery etc on the land, but like I said I wouldn't actually host an event untill I was absolutely sure of all the details, just to be safe.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General