Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Noobie question on airsofter in Toronto

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 23rd, 2009, 21:40   #1
Prometheus

Noobie question on airsofter in Toronto

Hi all. I've been really wishing to get into airsoft for a number of years now. My major problems (aside from not having a gun or gear....but this can be rectified) has been not knowing anyone personally who's an active airsofter here in Toronto. I'm sure most of you have friends you game with, but in my case there are no friends I know who are into it.

Living near Defcon paintball, I feel like there's a whole world of fun going on that I'm simply not able to be a part of.

So my question(s) is; how did you local Toronto airsofters find teamates and other gamers? Can you just show up to a scheduled airsoft night and play? I'm assuming most players would all know one another, and no one would probably want some noob unknown on their team. How 'closed' or 'open' can they be?

Thanks!
Old January 23rd, 2009, 21:47   #2
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Look in the games section, Ontario.

There should be public events there, and after a little meet and greet you'll get invite to the more complex events.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 21:49   #3
dirtdiver

assuming that you are 18 or older you can show up to a game and meet some people. Defcon has a great group of players many of whom would be happy to help you out. Also you can try to arranga a rental to see if you really like it. Games posted on the boards are basically open to anyone who wants to participate. Whiile Airsoft is a close community new ( responsible) members are always welcome. Check the threads I beleive there's a game on Sunday and Monday at defcon pm the host and express your interest and I'm sure he'll do his best to hook you up.
Cheers
Dave
Old January 23rd, 2009, 22:49   #4
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I host at Defcon, just show up and hang out, you'll get to know ppl and check out their gear etc. as long as you're cool nobody is going to shun you
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 00:06   #5
Prometheus

You know what, hopefully one of the guys I've PMd about getting age verified is there to, so after work I'm gonna swing by considering its about all of 30 seconds from my house.

And yes I'm over 18 (28) and not an idiot.
Old January 24th, 2009, 00:24   #6
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

sounds good man, the guys at Defcon are a nice bunch
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 02:48   #7
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

I'm one of the guys from Defcon.

We got a nice group of people playing and best of all its local. When you get your feet wet into Airsoft at Defcon. You should then proceed to TTAC3 which is at downtown Toronto where more of the veteran players play for some extreme CQB. And there are rentals available too.

Brian McIlymoyle is the host of TTAC3 games as well as a co-owner of FAC
www.fightingartscollective.com

Go to TAC3 to learn all about Airsoft. Brian is a great instructor when it comes to learning more about combat techniques and general ways of the road in Airsoft. He also holds teaching sessions for new joiners.

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank