Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

bandanas, cool neck wraps, scarfs and hand warmers

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 6th, 2015, 11:52   #1
WPJ

Hey all I'm just wondering I anyone would be interested in having some of these items made up in your favorite camo?

bandanas or triangle slings to make a head wrap
Cool neck wraps
scarf's and hand warmers
Neck gaiters
Small stuff sacks

Let me know

Thanks
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2015, 15:22   #2
siggypoo

I'm just getting into that myself. Starting to make molle too. What sorta materials are you using, and do you have samples of your work?
I just found a great source for ripstop cotton, but I'd like to see some fleece too.

Last edited by siggypoo; February 6th, 2015 at 15:26..
siggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2015, 16:26   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I got my hands on some 1000d cordura... shit is like sandpaper lol. btw is that fabricland? I'm trying to find some solid color ripstop that isn't military themed for something not airsoft related.
Old February 6th, 2015, 17:25   #4
siggypoo

Fabricland is a hit or miss with ripstop. Most times, if they do have it, it's shiny, plasticy nylon. What're you looking for? Send me a PM if you think I could help. I have some ripstop cotton and "nicer" nylon in a few colours. I did a Matrix coat from a heavily edited Simplicity pattern a few years ago that is ripstop cotton.

Old February 6th, 2015, 17:43   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I'm looking for a deep blue, not as bright as royal, not as dark as navy. would prefer a cotton or nyco, or if it has to be nylon then no gloss. All I can find is kite material, only need about 1-2 yards depending on the width of the roll.
Old February 6th, 2015, 18:12   #6
siggypoo

@WPJ, sorry to hijack your thread. I'd still love to know about your offerings. Prices too.
@Lurking, check your PMs.

Old February 6th, 2015, 18:47   #7
WPJ

No worries, I'm just trying to gauge interest, it only a hobby and never want to make a full time gig of it.

I can take a few samples, but that fabric land is a crap shoot, I have seen the same stack but they never have any nylon in camo well they have some hunting camo but really.

I just got my supply of CADPAT AR, cadpat TW, AOR1, AOR2, tan and boat load of coil zippers and sliders. I'm just waiting on my webbing to arrive I have about 1000y inbound.

So far I have only made a few small things for myself and close friends, molle Lego pouch, head lamp pouch, cabbage patch cloths, a ton of custom straps, a few quick release panels and a few custom pouch's. At Christmas I couldn't make enough infinity scarfs.

I have a offer given to me for some good tshirt style camo in the latest tacticool colours, multi an, atacs le, nwu, etc all in nice soft cotton, not bdu style.

I'd love to see some of your molle work, most of min has been repair etc hence my offer was more on the soft side and not molle I bed to perfect it more first.
Old February 6th, 2015, 19:01   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

sewing seams to be the hip thing these days.

I'm going to be doing some cordura barrel socks for locals and anyone else who wants them just to subsidize my machine lol, but I don't think I'll be making anything serious unless it's a custom thing that I can't get.

Growing up I remember huge textiles stores down on queen st west, but I those are all gone these days. Any of them still there in the old textile district?
Old February 6th, 2015, 19:26   #9
WPJ

Ya just got back into it as a used to make a lot of gear back when I was rappelling and teaching it, rope bags etc were very expensive and it ls like really there not much there so I rolled my own, bags, gaiters you name it, nothing life load though. I find it relaxing so my project list seems to be ever growing...
Old February 6th, 2015, 19:28   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I'm of the school of thought that everyone should know at least a little bit of something of what goes into the stuff they use and wear.. plus sewing is a super useful skill, even just with a basic needle and thread. emergency button replacement, hems and the like go a really long way.
Old February 6th, 2015, 19:36   #11
WPJ

Say that again. My wife thinks its funny/adorable that I sew and she has no clue.
Old February 6th, 2015, 19:57   #12
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

my friends think I'm rather funny. I have one friend who calls me a dork.

Let's just say I have a rather wide range of popculture and nerdly hobbies mixed with rather manly hobbies from rather low brow to extremely high brow.

The only holy nerd grail I have not acquired is a hot gaming wife. lol
Old February 6th, 2015, 20:07   #13
Danke

Sewing means you can fix up your kit when it blows out in the middle of nowhere.

Or stitch up a wound.
Old February 6th, 2015, 22:47   #14
siggypoo

Heh, I started over twenty years ago, editing my own clothes to fit better. Thirty eight inseam isn't popular, but is expensive, lol.
Then went to costume making for theatre and anime/game conventions. And now airsoft. Lord knows it has it's uses, and yah, everyone should know it.

Old February 7th, 2015, 00:11   #15
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I tried sewing a few years ago. All I could produce was horrendus quality sub-par gear that was barely functionnal and extremely unestetic.

I pretty much gave up.

Lol

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion