Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

loadout bags?

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 23rd, 2014, 15:37   #1
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

loadout bags?

trying to lean out the amount of bags I have to haul around for games... I don't have much kit but it's spread out over several bags...

clothing bag, kit bag, support bag (ammo, batteries, gas, tools etc)
and no less than 2 rifle cases for a main and a backup.

I'd like to try and mash it all into 1 big wheeled bag and 1 rifle case.

A hockey bag would probably be the most economical, followed by a large piece of luggage. I'd like to be around 36" long, on wheels rugged enough to roll through dirt and possibly mud.

I have 2 vests currently but I'm in the process of consolidating it down to 1 rig capable of handling any primary I bring to the field and backup plus a battle belt.

I was looking along the lines of a LBT 2467A as it's huge enough to carry everything, but it also has a huge price tag. Apparently I missed a sale on clearance UCPs last year.. http://lbtinc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LBT-+2467A

Another candidate I'm looking at is the sandpiper california Rolling Load Out XL it's much more appealing in price range, and seems to be about the same size. http://shop.sandpiperca.com/index.ph...ote-brown.html

The benefit of getting a loadout bag is that I an probably use it for travel as well, those rolling loadout bags are a bit lighter I think than my standard rolling suitcase and larger.

Outside of militaria I was looking at a sparco metropolis bag, it has a separate compartment that I could probably stuff a rifle into, but at 250~$ I think there might be better options. http://www.sparcousa.com/product/metropolis
Anyone have some recommendations?

camo pattern is less desirable than a flat colour, having something in black, tan or FG is probably a bit more desirable than something in ucp or other camo print.... of course... I won't turn down the lbt if it ever shows up at 50$ again.

edit: TL : DR

dropped coin on the 5.11 CAMS 2.0 review and pics here: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=163780

Last edited by lurkingknight; April 5th, 2014 at 18:37..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 15:47   #2
mcguyver

LBT.

Buy once. Never look back.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 16:30   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

hmm... a new challenger has appeared.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-50159-cams-2.html
http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-56958-soms-2.html

550$ is quite a bit to pay, if it ever comes on sale, it would be a great deal... I figure the cams-2 will be the upper end of the price range I'd be willing to pay, which I think will limit my options... guess I'll have to watch for sales.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 16:43   #4
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Hockey bags are cheap.. I am thinking of getting one too.

I use two large reusable groceries bags. 1 for my clothes etc. I leave this one in the SUV.. The other I bring in.. It holds my BBS, mask, goggles, water, etc. I also bring a old laptop bag that holds my propane and such. And one gun bag to hold my mags and rifle and pistols.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 16:57   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the only problem with hockey bags is that I see ones that are torn with wrecked zippers all the time. And looking at hockey life , the 40" rolling easton bag is 150$... for that price, I can get the sandpiper bag, but that one also has reviews that complain about quality.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 16:58   #6
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
I use two large reusable groceries bags.
LOL WUT.

I think OP is asking about a bag for large ops, not for carrying gear from the trunk of a car to an indoor venue for 15 metres.

The sandpiper doesn't look bad actually...
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 17:00   #7
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
LOL WUT.

I think OP is asking about a bag for large ops, not for carrying gear from the trunk of a car to an indoor venue for 15 metres.

The sandpiper doesn't look bad actually...
#ghettostyle

I need a new bag.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 17:01   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

well I do have a canvas tote for clothes lol. That stays in the car during the op, but it owuld be nice to have access to rain gear on the field. I think the cams is looking like the one. Will just have to wait to see if anything comes on sale while I think it over some more.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 17:31   #9
AlexGPS

If your interested i could find out what bag my friend uses since he has just 1 bag and pretty much fits everything he uses for airsoft in that bag. I know for sure its a British deployment bag but im not sure as the make or whatever. And if im not mistaken he bought his second hand for about 15 pounds or 20 pounds from ebay.co.uk Thats dirt cheap for a bag that you can fit in an m4 and ics g33 a ciras vest etc that he uses during 1 outing of airsoft. You can check up on ebay about those and see what you find. They are british deployment bags.
AlexGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 17:33   #10
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Voodoo Tactical Mojo bag if you're on a budget, they can hold two or more load-outs, with molle across the back for additional pouches. Comes in a variety of colors, including multicam, and you can keep all your crap properly separated. Plus one for LBT though, they are nice.

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-1337...ck-straps.aspx

Last edited by Ricochet; February 23rd, 2014 at 17:36..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 17:40   #11
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the voodoo isn't a bad choice... but I want wheels and a pull lever, it would be nice to have it double as an oversize travel bag, but it's not a hard requirement. As it stands, I have that giant gear bag from proper that was part of their adventure tech gortex sale last year, that one is big enough for most of my kit, but since it's a soft bag with no wheels, it's hard to lug around.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 18:25   #12
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Strike Recon Union Rapid Deployment Bag at Shot Show 2014 - YouTube
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 18:27   #13
amano999

i have a lbt loadout bag and its really nice holds everything. You can wait for it to go on sale or buy it on ebay. I got mine for around $180 all in off ebay but had to get it in ACU.

Before that I tried a Uncle mikes loadout bag was cheap but kinda small for a full loadout.

Hockey bags do work pretty good too but I like the LBT better cause its got dividers and lots of smaller pouches.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 01:32   #14
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amano999 View Post
i have a lbt loadout bag and its really nice holds everything. You can wait for it to go on sale or buy it on ebay. I got mine for around $180 all in off ebay but had to get it in ACU.

Before that I tried a Uncle mikes loadout bag was cheap but kinda small for a full loadout.

Hockey bags do work pretty good too but I like the LBT better cause its got dividers and lots of smaller pouches.
If you want wheels, do this^, and wait for it to go on sale. LBT or bust really. You don't want to just throw all your crap in one spot, or just get a hockey bag.
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:30   #15
Short Round
Najohn

Is there a usual period LBT puts these on sale for dirt cheap? Or is it just randomly? Last time I checked during their 2013 annual sale the bags were around $300 each still.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion