Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Finding grease for pistols

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 21st, 2016, 12:49   #1
Surnia

Finding grease for pistols

Considering most of the newer TMs are metal on metal rails now, would it be better to find alternatives to pure silicone oil/greases? I've been reading pure silicone oil/grease isn't that great with metal on metal contact.

My preference would be a grease with PTFE, but internet searches are not pulling up very many results that are plastic, metal, and rubber safe. SuperLube is something I use on my bike and flashlights, but we only have a really old aerosol can that I end up spraying into old bottlecaps (clean!) and waiting for a majority of the carrier to evaporate. Sourcing SuperLube seems incredibly difficult right now, with the only option I can find being the 3oz tube of 21030 on amazon CA (does not play well with natural rubber, but I'm not sure what's used for mag seals/orings in the guns).

Lithium grease gets mentioned here quite often, but how well does it play with the ABS frames?
Surnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 14:33   #2
Arkainos

I use superlube on my WE glock. Works damn fine. Also use it inside my AEG cylinder/piston head o ring. Works fine. Anything with petrolium distilites (white lithium) should not go near rubber, wears it down over time.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

-Emil Cioran
Arkainos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 15:20   #3
venture

Teflon will play well with all materials found in airsoft.

http://www.ventureairsoft.ca/item.ph...e91e98b43531db

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 09:51   #4
Surnia

Arkainos, Where did you find your superlube? Everything is either in the US (and horribly expensive to ship), the aerosol versions, or non-existent in the Toronto area.

Amazon has the Synthetic grease version, but I don't know if it's suitable for TM rubber seals (has warnings it doesn't like natural rubber). Trying to hunt the silicone/PTFE blend, but I can't seem to find it.
Old May 22nd, 2016, 10:45   #5
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage

Google image. ^. Ctire has them for like $7?
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 11:06   #6
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I've used graphite powder in my TM 1911 (FMU) for years no problems.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 12:33   #7
Surnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post

Google image. ^. Ctire has them for like $7?
Done. Thanks Bio! I came across that before, but dismissed it because it was a bit difficult to find if it had PTFE, and if it was rubber safe (permatex's own website doesn't even have it listed?). Had to dig into the CTire Q&A.

Kokanee, I actually have a large bottle of graphite I use for my bike (pedal, not motor) but I mix it with paraffin as a carrier for my chain. I can imagine that getting everywhere though..
Old July 15th, 2016, 17:26   #8
Arkainos

Homedepot will order them for you. They actually have multiple kinds of superlube products. I went and asked, you wont find them in store but they will order them. You can find it on their website. I went to HD in leaside and asked.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

-Emil Cioran

Last edited by Arkainos; July 15th, 2016 at 22:04.. Reason: clarity.
Arkainos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2016, 18:07   #9
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surnia View Post
Considering most of the newer TMs are metal on metal rails now, would it be better to find alternatives to pure silicone oil/greases? I've been reading pure silicone oil/grease isn't that great with metal on metal contact.

My preference would be a grease with PTFE, but internet searches are not pulling up very many results that are plastic, metal, and rubber safe. SuperLube is something I use on my bike and flashlights, but we only have a really old aerosol can that I end up spraying into old bottlecaps (clean!) and waiting for a majority of the carrier to evaporate. Sourcing SuperLube seems incredibly difficult right now, with the only option I can find being the 3oz tube of 21030 on amazon CA (does not play well with natural rubber, but I'm not sure what's used for mag seals/orings in the guns).

Lithium grease gets mentioned here quite often, but how well does it play with the ABS frames?
Home hardware has SuperLube. I'm using white lithium right now. Seems like it does not affect plastic.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2016, 19:52   #10
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

synthetic grease is fine
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner