How to get out more FPS from a WE Scar

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 19th, 2010, 20:18   #31
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riko View Post
hmm, okay, I still dont understand it than because on that pics, the both valves sit at the end of the thread
And the only difference I see is that the thread is different....so, its confusing

Question, the adjustment tool for the fps in the npas kit (I assume thats an npas you show or is it the stock valve) what role does that play in this modification?
It becomes irrelevant I assume if you close it for max fps?
ultimately, the position of the float valve, which isn't pictured, determines the flow of gas. the float valve further back will provide more gas which will yield higher FPS. with the float valve forwards, less gas will be pushed through the system giving lower FPS.

as Tys already posted, "It could be different lengths of threaded rod...it could be spacers of different thickness....it could be an adjustable screw that moves a back plate in and out...whatever....does not matter. "

the adjustment tool allows you to change the position of the float valve by screwing it in or out. in would put it further back and out forwards.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:36   #32
Riko

So, its okay to screw the nozzle all the way till the end of the tread and remove all the remaining thread sticking out?

If that is correct, in theory I can screw the nozzle all the way till the end of the tread and remove all the remaining thread sticking out?

And if its all about the valve, i dont understand why that thread has so much impact on fps :s
Riko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 07:02   #33
Sim123456

I did a test and didn't left any thread, I flattened it completly and it was working wonder. This is why I didn't catch the thing about the floting valve being sit too much. Maybe there was still like 0.01mm of thread in it or something that I could not really see. I wish I had a chrono back then when I discover this mod with my now sol SCAR.
Sim123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:45   #34
Riko

hehe, well I just got my npas and I am gonna start playing with it, see how everything fits etc...

But first I will replace the whole trigger assembly
Riko is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications