Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for reliable GBB pistol

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 4th, 2008, 15:57   #1
BloodDrinker

Looking for reliable GBB pistol

I am looking for a GBB pistol for A force on force simulator for concealed carry drills.

What brands makes and models would you suggest i am considering either a sig or 1911 model real steal so like wise i am looking for an air soft veson of either of these pistols

thank you for your time play safe
BloodDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 15:58   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
TM or KJW.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 16:37   #3
BloodDrinker

keep in mind this will see 200 shoots a week easaly i don't want something that will break on me after a month of use
Old March 4th, 2008, 16:43   #4
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Glock 19, hands down.
Old March 4th, 2008, 16:45   #5
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
Glock 19, hands down.
Read the original posting again....Glock is not one of the options.
Though Glocks are nice...

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 16:48   #6
Danke

You might as well wait untill you get the real thing and then start your search.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 16:50   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

If it's for concealed carry drills, you should look into something more concealable lol
TM glock 26, as its reliable and has good performance, it has a plastic slide but it's not an issue if your doing a lot of shooting
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 16:54   #8
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
If it's for concealed carry drills, you should look into something more concealable lol
TM glock 26, as its reliable and has good performance, it has a plastic slide but it's not an issue if your doing a lot of shooting
KSC Glock 26 too. TM G26's are pretty rare.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 17:03   #9
BloodDrinker

hmm i might good enough for the gunny might do the trick i prefur metal framed pistols though i've fired Real steal versons of the 1911 and glock the 1911 juts fits nicer to me want to try a sig though

also parto of the reason the 500 dollar norinco 1911 copys are so affordable for when i get an RPal it is a something i have to consider though if i go costly i'd likly go with a sig never touch real steal HK you will never see parts for it in canada.

so what is the expected round life on a glock air soft gun what problems will i run into with a high round count such as 200 a week more even depending on how activly i am practising

what parts of avaiable for replacement

what maintanance is required to keep it funtional

also yes i know big hang guns are hard to conceal but then again bigger bullets hit harder then small ones which is why i am concidering the 1911

Last edited by BloodDrinker; March 4th, 2008 at 17:10..
Old March 4th, 2008, 17:03   #10
RagingPigCop

Send a message via MSN to RagingPigCop
Ksc Auto-9 or the HFC M712

"I want a Litre of Cola!"

Main: TM SR-16, TM Thompson M1A1, AGM MP40, TM Stockless Spas12, AGM M14, CA MP5A2, JG M733F, A LANDMINE
Secondary:HFC M712, KSC M93R Auto-9, TM Samurai Edge Std. M92F

New Gun!! Marushin 4" Anaconda .44 Magnum
RagingPigCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 17:04   #11
Dracheous
Lego Head

Go with something like the TM Hi-capa then, its a variant of the 1911, so you're not too far from the look you want. Out of the box they are rock solid, I've been running my completely stock Hi-capa on propane with no issues for 2 years now, actually, ONE issue and thats the catch on the slide wears down, but about 10 minutes with a sharp knife fixes that right up. Will eventually have to replace the slide because of it, but haven't had the slide crack on me at all yet. And stock has one of the meanest little kicks to it aswell.

There are MANY great pistols out there too, KSC G19's with a couple hundred in parts can be the ultimate work horses, and metalized at the end of said couple hundred. TM Sig's have been known for being great builds as well. Some of the KJW M9's have worked real well for some people, but have noted they can be hit or miss.

Ultimately, I recommend the hi-capa, there are hundreds of ways to upgrade/customize them to look how you want them too.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 17:10   #12
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

TM P226, TM 1911, KSC G19 with Metal... All great performing, great reliability, solid.. I have all 3 and cant go wrong with any of those.
Old March 4th, 2008, 17:13   #13
Ibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
Read the original posting again....Glock is not one of the options.
Though Glocks are nice...

SHA DO
You're right. My bad. I'd still go with a Glock any day though.
Old March 4th, 2008, 17:19   #14
Ibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodDrinker View Post
so what is the expected round life on a glock air soft gun what problems will i run into with a high round count such as 200 a week more even depending on how activly i am practising
I picked up 2 G19's in 2003. One I upgraded, one I did not. I've fired them both plenty, and haven't had so much as a hiccup with either one. They show wear fine, but they're the best workhorse GBB I've ever seen. Like any gun if you upgrade a few parts you can make them better. Tighter barrel will increase your groupings, hiflow valves will raise your fps (but drop amount of shots from one mag), the list goes on. I would recommend ditching the plastic mag catch and replacing it with either a metal or even a RS one. Also, being such a small pistol they're very easily concealed. They're also quite cheap.
I am however curious as to why you're doing concealed drills, and are mentioning real steel. You joining CSIS or something?
Old March 4th, 2008, 17:23   #15
BloodDrinker

glocks arn't bad i am just a metal frame fan still looking at what i'll actualy pick up when i get my RPAL but till then i am looking at what is aviable to match it

are the takana sig pistols the 220 perticularily compatable with parts from other manufactures and are these any good since i was looking at a P220
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion