Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G36 firing oddly in semi (1BB,2BBs,1BB,2BBs,1BB etc.)

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 27th, 2008, 20:35   #1
Mighty Mouse

Send a message via MSN to Mighty Mouse
G36 firing oddly in semi (1BB,2BBs,1BB,2BBs,1BB etc.)

The problem seems to sort itself out with a higher current battery, but I'm using a 1700mah battery now and the G36 shoots 1 BB in semi and then it will fire 2 in the next shot, then 1 in the next. I'm a somewhat experienced person with AEG internals so I presume it is a relatively simple matter of gear timing, and setting the anti-reversal latch to lock the bevel gear at the right time. But if it is a gear timing issue there should be 2 BBs every shot. That is the part I don't understand. If anyone can offer some insight on the matter I would greatly appreciate it.
Mighty Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 20:59   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Theres no such thing as gear timing.
A sector clip tends to fix all feeding issues in V3s. Otherwise its a good bet that its your tappet plate, how many rounds have you put through your G36?
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 21:01   #3
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Any chance your hop up unit has undergone some work recently? If the little clip that holds the barrel to the hop up unit is evena bit cracked, it'll allow the inner barrel to move a bit forward, causing double feeding. Found that in my MP5, fixed it all up and instantly got semi shots every time.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 21:03   #4
mcguyver

Is your hop-up turned all the way off? If not, turn it all the way off, put a shot of silicone in there and see if the double feeding continues.

If it's OK, the run a couple BBs through it and reset the hop-up. AEG hop-ups need a bit of silicone oil on the rubber to facilitate smooth feeding, as described in the owners manual for the gun.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 21:19   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Is your hop-up turned all the way off? If not, turn it all the way off, put a shot of silicone in there and see if the double feeding continues.

If it's OK, the run a couple BBs through it and reset the hop-up. AEG hop-ups need a bit of silicone oil on the rubber to facilitate smooth feeding, as described in the owners manual for the gun.
I know it's retarded, but I've gotten into arguments with a guy over that, he says it's all because the owner insisted on putting a tightbore in, cuz "tightbores jam all the time", and no matter how much experience, explanation and pressure of proper maintainance, the owner always asks me to install his stock barrel back in becuase his M16 keeps plugging up............ in the hop up.
Old January 27th, 2008, 21:28   #6
Syn

What about mag feeding issue? Is that a remotely possible cause? Does your problem still occurring using a different mag?

Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 21:51   #7
mcguyver

I've found that guys will use a gun for years, never perform any maintenance or lubrication, and an issue of double/misfeeding has come down to no lube in the hop-up. It's a quick and easy test to see if the problem lies elsewhere.

Old January 27th, 2008, 21:55   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
I've found that guys will use a gun for years, never perform any maintenance or lubrication, and an issue of double/misfeeding has come down to no lube in the hop-up. It's a quick and easy test to see if the problem lies elsewhere.
I've dealt with that numerous times, so much that I actually take oil to most games with me to fix guns. Is retarded though to hear plugging being the cause of a tightbore. Honestly, just to dispel the myth, I did a search on all of ASC, tightbore+jamming, I came across about 6 threads, all of which were posted the myth "what tightbore should I get to keep it from jamming?"
Old January 27th, 2008, 22:22   #9
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Oh it's not the magazine lol
My UMP has the strongest mag springs I've ever seen in airsoft and they do the same type of double feed 1-2-1-2.
I'm fully confident a sector clip would fix it, but I always keep it in full auto and tap off 2 round bursts.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 22:27   #10
Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Oh it's not the magazine lol
My UMP has the strongest mag springs I've ever seen in airsoft and they do the same type of double feed 1-2-1-2.
I'm fully confident a sector clip would fix it, but I always keep it in full auto and tap off 2 round bursts.
Coincidentally I just got a KA sector clip. I can't wait to put it in. I heard the ver2 KA sector clip is the one to get.

Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 23:41   #11
Mighty Mouse

It's definately not the hop-up because I worked on it yesterday. I bought new hopup rubber from the toronto airsoft convention. It's not magazine related. It's all well lubricated. It works perfectly fine in fully automatic and that's what I usually play in.
The only possible thing that I can think of to explain the weird feeding issue is the current cut-off lever, and I have no idea how it works.
In order for this situation to be true, I figure the nozzle would have to move in 3 directions per shot in semi. On the shot that fired one BB, the nozzle would start fully to the rear and finish fully forward ( BB is fired after nozzle moves forward for 1st time and a BB is chambered after it moves forward the 2nd time). The shot that fired 2 BBs would start with the nozzle fully forward, end with it fully to the rear, and 2 BBs would be fired after the nozzle completed its forward motion and chambered another BB.
and all that craziness comes down to the bevel gear turning too much, and being locked by the anti reversal latch when it shouldn't be. I'm thinking too much but I'm just trying to understand why it happens.

Thanks for the sector clip idea guys. I'll have to get me one of those me thinks.
Old January 27th, 2008, 23:46   #12
mcguyver

Is this gun stock, or has there been replacement of internals, namely the sector gear, tappet plate or nozzle?

Old January 27th, 2008, 23:50   #13
Mighty Mouse

Just your super basic upgrade. metal bushings and a higher power spring, probably around 150%.
Old January 28th, 2008, 00:01   #14
mcguyver

I haven't seen this problem in a Marui G36, but I did see it in a G&G UMG (basically the same gearbox arrangement).

The G&G was a brand new gun. When they first came out, G&G acknowledged a defective tappet and offered replacements. The gun I saw failed to feed, so initially I thought that the tappet was broken, as this was a known issue. To my surprise when I opened the mechbox, the tappet was intact. The problem was actually shimming. The sector gear was shimmed so that it basically bypassed the tappet. When the gun was assembled, the sector nub barely grabbed the tappet, like in the thousandths of an inch. After about 40 rounds, it wore the little bit of the tappet away that it did grab, and ended up bypassing it.

I re-shimmed the sector gear so that it engaged the tappet correctly, and altered the other gears to match the sector. To my knowledge, the gun has been running ever since.

Continuous stop/start cylces in semi may allow some lateral play in the sector gear, so that may be why it happens alot in semi vs. full. Usually, once a gear starts spinining it likes to stay in that position, sort of like a gyroscope. This may be why your feeding problems aren't as noticable in full auto.

It's worth a look.

Old January 28th, 2008, 01:04   #15
Mighty Mouse

I just did some tests and I found that every other shot, the nozzle was about 2 milimeters forward then it would be on the shot before. When it was more forward it restricted any BBs from getting into the chamber, whereas when it was more to the back, there was room for a BB to get in.
just disregard my theory a few posts up lol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner