Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review: Save Phace (finally, low profile paintball goggles?)

:

Reviews

Old November 23rd, 2009, 21:07   #16
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekan Frost View Post
is this a paintball approved mask, by all Paintball fields?
yes. im actually selling a MC one if you are interested. PM me
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 22:21   #17
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Could we get a picture of it removed from the mask?

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 02:03   #18
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Gonna bump this one.

I am looking for low profile goggles, not a mask in any way. With my current goggles, I can't get very good cheek weld. This makes it very difficult to quickly look through my irons, or any low-medium height mounted optics.

Would my best bet be to get the Save Phace and then chop off the mask portion? Or get the Vforce Grill? I need Pball approved goggles, and every pair I have tried so far just did not cut it.
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:06   #19
Dekan Frost

Does anyone Sell the Savephace lenses... the lenses thermal lense that came with my mask did not fit correctly and both anchors did not snap into place

>=|

The single clear lense works Fine, but I live Canada and I need that thermal lense it's December!!

All in all the mask is super lightwhieght, the Digi All terrian pattern looks nice, I can fit my glasses underneath it perfectly, I can look down my RDS fine and as for head Gear I can still wear my PASGT
Swat helmet with the forehead protector on

- like the last review said it's ASMT - SE approved, they shot a quater inch ball bearing at the lense at 450 fps and it only dented the lense.

If you are shot from 10ft or less in the lesne it's recomened you remove your lense prior to next game.

- Cons - you need some really thin ass screw driver to remove the forehead protector to attatch the Visor, I recomened using something thats megnetic.

- Cons - Not so much the a Save phace issue but, I had to pay 50$ COD from customs to have it shipped from texas

- Cons - My mask showed up with one of the anchor pins cracked...

anyways just looking for lenses now, it's not a mask for everyone given face shape but it works for me!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0367.JPG (77.0 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Dekan Frost; December 6th, 2009 at 02:47..
Dekan Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:47   #20
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Really good and in depth review. However I did try a pair of these on myself and was not impressed at all. The fitment was horrible since the seal around the eyes is a solid density foam and didnt seal around my face. There were gaps around the inside corners of my eyes,that right there was the deal breaker for me, I quickly removed these and wrote them off. For my eye protection I trust nothing less than the Jt spectra proshield with thermal lens.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:53   #21
Dekan Frost

Fair enough bro, like I said it's not for everyone, and it's not a flex fit
but it worked for me, and the big part was being able to have my glasses on inside the mask or else I'm shooting at people that are already hit walking to the sidelines cause I can't see shit, thinking i'm pinned down and thier out to get me!

lol

However I would like to add though if you pick up the digi camo and the yellow mirrored lense, and attach the visor, you look like masterchief =)

Thanks for your input though mate, i'm dealing with their corperate esculations guy, we had a converstaion earlier and i guess his extention goes directly to his house.

Must be nice living large working from home..

Last edited by Dekan Frost; December 6th, 2009 at 02:56..
Dekan Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 00:01   #22
Ghostnote

Is it still possible to use iron sights with these masks?
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:07   #23
pamparius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostnote View Post
Is it still possible to use iron sights with these masks?
i am afraid not...
pamparius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 21:36   #24
Able1
Joeyaglr444

JT-Flex... I just picked em up, They are really good. The V-force Grills can stop a .40 I got a pair of those. Jt-Flexs are really nice though.
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Able1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:38   #25
yourself

Just a suggestion to you guys, get the JT proflexes if you want some thing that is paintball approved and that you can shoulder. You can break the goggles in half if the field allows half masks and if they dont the mouth protector is flexible and can be folded up so you can shoulder you weapon. I may do a review.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 14:58   #26
rockafella

couple of questions:

1) are you actually able to to cheek your weapon to look down your sights?
2) how well does it match up when you wear an IBH, MICH, or other types of head gear
3) how comfortable is it?
4) any issues with forging during winter games?

Thanks.
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:13   #27
supermohawk

Warning plug for the DYE i4 mask ahead:

If you want a small mask with great ventilation the DYE i4 is a great option. I have used both a save face and the i4. Save face although small as shown in the op are in my opinion one of the most uncomfortable masks I have ever worn. Not only are they uncomfortable in the way they rest on your face they hot in comparison the i4. my biggest beef with paintball masks is that most seem to direct your breath up into the lens, fogging it quickly. The i4 is the first mask I have worn that diverts your breath down and out of the mask making it cool, comfortable and most importantly not fog. The i4 has a very small design allowing use of most iron sights. Also the i4 which only use thermal lenses are virtually fog proof even in the toughest conditions. During an all day milsim I had to run up a hill on a really foggy morning. I was already breathing hard at this point because the humidity levels were close to that of a sauna. I was breathing very hard after that run but was surprised only two little patches of condensation had begun to form in the top corners of my lens. After a few experiences like this one with my i4 I will never use another mask. The philosophy; fogging=death must have been the motto for dye engineers while designing this mask.

Sorry to take away from the review but opinion and discussion are the principals that a forum is predicated on.
supermohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 23:57   #28
rockafella

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermohawk View Post
The i4 has a very small design allowing use of most iron sights.
Hey Supermohawk, you say that you can actually use your iron sights on your gun with these masks? I just have not been a ble to find a mask that allowed me to actually look down my iron sights. which really sucks! Been using the SYKES mask but alot of of the fields wont allow them.
Old November 16th, 2011, 00:28   #29
supermohawk

I have used the i4 with some different ironsights: M-4, AK variants, MP-7 (sights flipped up and stock extended) and G36K all without trouble. Ok the MP-7 gave me a bit of trouble.

Last edited by supermohawk; November 16th, 2011 at 00:51..
supermohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:06   #30
testtube
A Total Bastard

Send a message via MSN to testtube
http://www.uoarmory.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=mask
testtube is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews