Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AI at BlackHole Japan

:

ASC News and Announcements

Old August 8th, 2009, 02:05   #31
Airmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Dear god, I knew I bought that 203 for a reason.
I was just thinking the same thing for my AGSA80 launcher too! But the Bouncing Betty mine, just simply awesome idea. Look forward to buying one down the road. Keep up the magic!
cheers

(LMAG) http://www.lowermainlandairsoft.ca
Airmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 03:16   #32
skalnok

dear god man, that stuff is amazing. i cant wait to spend way more than i should lol
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 03:36   #33
HGI

My clean pair of pants are ruined!
HGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 18:32   #34
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
I make airsoft grenades. You should see Jeroon for pants: http://www.armyissue.com/

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 20:42   #35
Duckman

hey carl, are the 203's gonna fit in the revolver launchers? muahahahhaha
Old August 9th, 2009, 20:43   #36
Duckman

hmmm...cant edit my post...203..duh...the 40mm's
Old August 9th, 2009, 21:44   #37
Leopard2a6m

Cant wait to get the bouncing betty and several 40mm grenades. Would there be any chance we could get you to engineer a better electric magazine loader. My airsoft team uses the ones that use four triple AAA batteries and kind of look like an armalite magazine. I would rather have one that uses an AEG battery so its not such a pain in the ass to have to keep buying triple batteries all the time and something more reliable and robust.
Leopard2a6m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 22:25   #38
MadMax

Heh I've already started a bit of work on a better std cap magazine loader. The project is backburnered because the current projects are more exciting, but I've got a couple working proof of concepts. One of them is at TTAC3 for Brian to use.

I'm having problems with the 6 shooter launchers. They have a gap between the carousel and the breech which leaks a lot of gas which reduces range. I might be able to fix this with a seal kit, but I probably need the help of CAW to productize the changes. I do not intend to get into the launcher market.

Old August 10th, 2009, 00:52   #39
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I'm having problems with the 6 shooter launchers. They have a gap between the carousel and the breech which leaks a lot of gas which reduces range.
Ah yes, because your new grenades actually use the barrel!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:13   #40
NOOB

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I am running off to get the RPG-7 and starting working on an War -head mod of your launch able genade !!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG

My H3LL0 words <-- Click

NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:01   #41
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Ah yes, because your new grenades actually use the barrel!
I got to talk to a guy from Milkor at this years ShotShow. I hefted some of their latest and greatest in 6 shooter grenade launchers and asked them if they had issues with carousel to barrel leak issues. The rep said that there is piles of leakage at that junction, and that almost all of the impulse delivered to the round was done in the carousel and that all the barrel really did was apply spin and guidance to the round. Some crazy spec ops unit requested a cut down version of their 6 shooter (basically a sawed off version) and it achieved an even higher muzzle velocity because there was a shorter barrel drag. Longer range, but bigger groupings down range with the stubby version.

I don't get to use such high breech pressures for safety reasons so I have to work on fixing the carousel to breech losses, but it's neat to see the same issue crop up in the real thing.

Old August 10th, 2009, 08:01   #42
m102404
Tys

It's taken enormous restraint from posting Homer-esque drooling gibberish since this thread came out...but...

WOW. This is just plain awesome. The guys are really liking the impact grenade. That will change game dynamics in a huge way.

Bounding mine is so-so (very cool, but we couldn't see using it)...um, maybe a stand-alone indoor CQB trip-wire setup instead? Something that could be put in place quickly, set and then retrieved when we're displacing? IR-laser trip beam...

The 40mm shell is just cool. What's the range? Stable predictable flight...or more of a hail mary shot? Was it coincidence that it went off slightly after impact or is it an impact device? Would it be possible to get it to air-burst?

BTW...at the last CQB event it was so hot inside that 3-4 grenades cooked off. Plug was in, short timer setting...immediate "detonation" when pin was pulled. The one with the spoon set without the plug vented in Duckman's hands. I think that the only grenade that worked ok was the one set for long delay....at least gave Brian time to huck it before it went off! LOL

Also...took a couple of mine apart...figured out what you meant by being able to fill it really quick. Neat trick. Checking the alignment between the holes in the main body and the shell did the trick...they blow 100% (in a good way!).
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:25   #43
MadMax

Hi Tys,

I'm working on a bounding mine indoor deployment kit so the mine can be deployed inside as well as outside. I might even be able to make it a shootable target that blows up which would be really interesting for meth lab entry scenarios.

The launchable grenade appears to fly pretty straight, but there's a lot more work still to be done. The current build is triggered by impact to the head of the projectile. I doubt I can do a good airbursting round which would be really cool, but a lot more difficult for me to implement. Besides it'd be difficult to control what range it blows up because launchers vary from model to model.

In hot weather you really need to use the longer delay setting and you always need to remember to put in the rubber plug.

Old August 10th, 2009, 09:26   #44
m102404
Tys

I'll make a beer run when you get back and settled...provisions for the troops.

I'll bring my M79 blooper if you want to test that with the rockets.

A "backdoor sentry" kit would be great. If it fit a "standard" admin/general pouch that would be perfect. Flower petal unfolding box type thingy that can be clamped onto a door frame (or not if it's IR...but then you'd have to rig something to pull the pin).

I'm having trouble with rigging triplines off the std tornados...the pin is really held in there when the pressure is up. Don't want the "wire" to be too much of a tripping hazard to hurt someone running at full tilt though. Maybe spoon setups will be easier.

It's all good though...the only problem I'm having is explaining to the wifey why I need a G note worth of grenade stuff! LOL

****EDIT****
OH>>> can you please make a shell (add on, replacement for existing or whatever) that's see-through and has spots for LED's/Batts? I WANT/NEED/MUST-HAVE a "tracer" grenade....

Tys

Last edited by m102404; August 10th, 2009 at 09:29..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:37   #45
mirrage

I want them all!!!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements