View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2021, 09:44   #1
Kozure

Lightbulb Recommendations for wiring between motor and battery - just the type and brand

The front wiring from the motor to the deans connector for my battery on my Umarex G36CV has broken at the soldering point. The wiring is very short and I guess handling over the years had weakened the connection by flexing/bending it too much. If you've owned a Umarex G36CV you may know it can be a bit of a squeeze to get the battery into that sliding front compartment. I'd like to extend the wires by splicing in a new set of wires and connecting to a new deans connector. I know how to solder and protect the deans connector with heat shrink, and I can look up how to do a strong wire splice.

Can/does anyone recommend a specific brand or specification of wires to use in this application? I know there are cheap wires and more expensive wires, but I imagine the price difference isn't that much and I'd rather have something that lasts longer and the insulation doesn't harden and become brittle over time.

I'm in Toronto and can travel easily within the city to pick up stuff in person, or can order online.

Basically, I want a good to high quality set of wires to use, and I'd rather pay more for quality and durability than try to scrimp and save a few bucks.

Quick Googling turns up a couple of recommends for 16 AWG Turnigy silicone wiring. Does that sound like a solid choice?

This gun is my secondary/lending AEG so it's not a huge rush or priority, but I would like to fix it so that I can lend it out or have it as a backup for when I play next.

Last edited by Kozure; November 16th, 2021 at 09:55..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote