Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   AEG Solutions (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   The "joys" (aka. trials) of being a gun doctor! (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=23099)

Styrak November 21st, 2012 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth (Post 1728043)
This came across the bench:
[pic]

This, kids, is what happens to polycarb pistons and hot springs. Yes the metal rack is BENT. Siegetek gears walked away unscathed.

* Stormtech polycarb piston
* M160 spring

Psh, just throw a new piston head on there, good as new!

iKliiu November 21st, 2012 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth (Post 1728043)
This, kids, is what happens to polycarb pistons and hot springs. Yes the metal rack is BENT. Siegetek gears walked away unscathed.

* Stormtech polycarb piston
* M160 spring

Was the rack epoxied to the piston? I find that the new Chinese pistons have fairly soft steel racks too.

Stealth December 10th, 2012 12:51

This nice surprise swung by recently...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...129_175337.jpg

This is what happens when you don't ensure that your bushings/bearings are flush against the mechbox.

lurkingknight December 10th, 2012 13:51

and thats why I epoxy them to the gearbox shell :P

jordan7831 January 10th, 2013 13:16

I hate buying used guns from kids now. Im talking newbies that are around the 18 age and have had their first attempt to upgrade a gun. Why oh why do people feel the need to throw a whole tube of lube into the guts of their guns? And why do they think sanding a barrel can be done with needle files? Havent they heard of sandpaper and paint stripper. Gahhh its annoying, but all part of the fun of working on guns.

wildcard January 10th, 2013 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan7831 (Post 1745059)
I hate buying used guns from kids now. Im talking newbies that are around the 18 age and have had their first attempt to upgrade a gun. Why oh why do people feel the need to throw a whole tube of lube into the guts of their guns? And why do they think sanding a barrel can be done with needle files? Havent they heard of sandpaper and paint stripper. Gahhh its annoying, but all part of the fun of working on guns.

How about a gun so lubed up that it actually shoots spitwads of superlube with the bb's (No Joke it actually happen)

L473ncy January 10th, 2013 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan7831 (Post 1745059)
I hate buying used guns from kids now. Im talking newbies that are around the 18 age and have had their first attempt to upgrade a gun. Why oh why do people feel the need to throw a whole tube of lube into the guts of their guns? And why do they think sanding a barrel can be done with needle files? Havent they heard of sandpaper and paint stripper. Gahhh its annoying, but all part of the fun of working on guns.

You can't pull a Pawnstars on them and just totally devalue the gun because of an improper upgrade job and stuff that needs fixing? ("Well that's not original, that devalues the worth of this", or "That's broken that devalues the worth of this", etc.)

But I guess then you have to deal with fixing stuff and spending hours and hours on that.

lurkingknight January 10th, 2013 16:34

the problem with most used guns right now is that they are overvalued for what you're getting. It's a buyer's market due to the dropped prices last year, anyone selling used for even half of what they paid prior to the price drops are still having hard times selling. Even a bone stock gun in a package deal, never mind upgraded or had a problem, tried to fix it, deal.

why buy someone else's problem when you can buy new for a little bit more? Would you buy a 3 year old car at 15k or a brand new car at 17k?

Rusty Lugnuts January 10th, 2013 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurkingknight (Post 1745128)
the problem with most used guns right now is that they are overvalued for what you're getting. It's a buyer's market due to the dropped prices last year, anyone selling used for even half of what they paid prior to the price drops are still having hard times selling. Even a bone stock gun in a package deal, never mind upgraded or had a problem, tried to fix it, deal.

why buy someone else's problem when you can buy new for a little bit more? Would you buy a 3 year old car at 15k or a brand new car at 17k?

Giant +1 BTW Has anyone attempted a troubleshooting flow chart? I can picture it
Guns makes no noise when trigger pulled -check fuse -try known charged good battery -check motor connectors - with battery connected and trigger pulled does current arrive at motor connectors etc

zigzwag January 10th, 2013 23:05

I had a similar experiance, but not quite as bad, I had made a trade for a gun, in working condition but I wanted to try and put a new body on the gun.

I found that the base plate for the motor grip was glued on, making that pistol grip useless when I took it off.

And... I found out that the gun had no nubbin inside the hop up unit...

Stealth March 2nd, 2013 16:16

This gem came across my bench today.
I can't even tell what colour the piston was originally.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psafda57b5.jpg

http://mlkshk.com/r/21O

And the blue tape. Why?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps82d0bbc8.jpg

Hectic March 2nd, 2013 16:22

i think thats got a lil too much lube on it, id imagine the hop up wasnt doin a damn thing either.
some peoples children

ScooterVauto March 2nd, 2013 16:49

ok thats gooey.
this by far is the ugliest thing i have ever dealt with.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps080272b0.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb6bd3d1f.jpg

Stealth March 2nd, 2013 17:00

WAT.

i lol'd.

HKGhost March 2nd, 2013 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScooterVauto (Post 1767701)
ok thats gooey.
this by far is the ugliest thing i have ever dealt with.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps080272b0.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb6bd3d1f.jpg

Holy F*!!! that's messed up. Why would someone do such a thing? Feel sorry for you Scooter.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.